+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Summer thinks you are someone else with a new username.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Summer  (05-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She appears to be mistaken. I've never spoken to this summer person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to Dr Knight first and, while he was very chatty and threw out a lot of stats that sounded sensible, the low dose protocol is not for me. Lots of FS use low dose as it gets you through more cycles faster so more $$$ for them. Also, I found he wasn't really all that available to patients; I used to wait for AAAGGGGGEEEESSS if I was seeing him and then feel kinda rushed through but most interaction with the clinic was with his nurses.

After him and Westmead (under Dr Lok who is also Genea), which was also low dose so useless for me, we ended up at Fertility First in Hurstville. Dr Clark is fantastic. Her offices are in a stand alone building and really comfortable so its less corporate-feeling. They also do their blood and urine collection on site which is super helpful.

Dr Clark put me on a down-regulation cycle with a couple of additional hormones to help egg quality and we got pregnant on the first cycle. Not sure if it was that or the fact that we tried donor sperm for the first time but it all just worked. And I got 19 eggs instead of the 2 I got each time with Dr Knight. Those whittled down to 7 good embryos. We have 5 left (put 2 back to get our DD) and are about to try for #2

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen Dr Knight for fertility for the last year, I find him really knowledgable and supportive.
    I've preivousl been to Genea and the costs are similar, slightly lower at Demeter. I'm really happy here, he knows what he's talking about and the nurses and admin staff are easily available to take your questions and get back to me asap.

The whole place is just nice to be in and makes you feel looked after. I have seen the other doctor there once or twice when Dr Knight was out of the office delivering a baby and she was really good too. I don't know what bad experiences above were about but I won't be going anywhere else from here - from what the nurses say there they see a lot of complex cases in their over 40s stuff and through their donor program and my endo/AMH 4.1 is not an easy road

If you are still considering him as your FS I would highly recommend it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes they say that he has experience with older women. Do you know if his wife had their child using IVF?

Have you succeeded with him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, his wife who is also a FS and works with him, fell pregnant on their 3rd IVF attempt.

Nice to hear he isn't rude to everyone. I still can't believe he just brushed me off and gave me a refund when my 1st cycle failed thanks to him prescribing a low dose. I should go back to him with my DS like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman and tell him 'big mistake, big, huge'

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't actually heard positive feedback about him or the clinic. One of my friend's experienced the same thing as you did @AceOfBase

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear your experiences weren't great, I suppose it 's just person by person based. I hated Genea but I know lots of people who seem to like it, and I know a friends like me who really didn't like it either

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Antony Lighten

Hello ladies @AceOfBase

I had the opportunity to speak to Dr Anthony for a telephone consultation. I am now trying to make a decision if I should seek treatment with Dr Antony as he gave me a different diagnosis and plan versus the docs in my country.

I am 32. Normal BMI. Diagnosed with low Amh and one blocked tube. I've done 3 IVF cycles with Drs in my country who said that I have to do multiple cycles to get embryos.

Cycle 1 - Dr #1 gave me too much hormones resulting in low quality eggs that did not fertilise
    Cycle 2 - Dr #2 cancelled cycle cos 1 egg was not growing as he likes
    Cycle 3 - Embryo made it to Day 4 only

Dr Lightens treatment plan is to remove endo? (zero docs here mentioned surgery). And then get me pregnant by 3 cycles if not to move on.

I would really appreciate your honest feedback on Dr Lighten.

God bless
    Last edited by opheliadaze; 16-03-2017 at 13:15.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to opheliadaze For This Useful Post:

nightowlsurprise  (04-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Demeter Fertility - Dr K?

I had a poor experience with Dr Lighten.
    Last edited by nightowlsurprise; 10-10-2017 at 17:10. Reason: remove quote for privacy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nightowlsurprise For This Useful Post:

opheliadaze  (14-03-2017)