ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Demeter Fertility - Dr K?

Anyone been to this clinic with this Dr and what are your reviews?

I have heard he is quite good, but I've never heard of Demeter Fertility.. He has apparently developed a successful over 40s program... Anyone been, or know anyone who has been, to this clinic and has some good or bad reviews?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello, I've seen him and had a bad experience with him, he wasn't very approachable and just gave me facts and stats about fertility, not focussing on my individual needs. He got me to take such a low amount of stim drugs, so low in fact I ovulated early and all he could say was "want a refund?". I was shocked and so disappointed. Out of the 4 clinics I went to, Demeter or more specifically Dr Knight was my worst experience, I would never ever recommend them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear.. That's terrible.. I was hoping for better reviews.. I'm sorry you had that experience.. You'd think he'd have a bit more empathy and compassion, considering he and his wife did IVF to conceive their son..
    I don't want facts.. I want a proper protocol that won't fry my eggs..
    Thanks so much for resounding.. I won't waste my money with him then.. Low dose stims won't work for a poor responder like me..
    What are your fertility issues if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hun, you sound like me! I'm a very poor responder too, on my last cycle, number 12, I only had 1 egg. Actually I always had low egg numbers, like 2-3. But I was lucky with that 1 little egg cos it turned out to be my beautiful DS who is 15 months old.

So I had a few issues, namely age (I was 38.5 when I conceived) and I had low egg reserve and whatever eggs I did have were poor quality. Probably due to endometriosis, which I've had a few laporscopies to remove. I was diagnosed with thyroid issues, which the last FS was the only one who bothered to test for that. I also have family history of diabetes so was classed pre-diabetic.

DH's swimmers weren't the best either so ICSI was our best option. I had him take Menevit & Blackmore's Zinvit.

My last clinic, Genea, also performed the embryo transfer via ultrasound and that was probably one of the best factors in getting my BFP, as my FS wasn't happy with my bladder not being full enough as my tube was a bit bendy or something, so by drinking more water and trying the transfer again he could pinpoint where to place my emby and it took! All my other transfers were done blind so who knows where they ended up.

Another thing they did was give me an endometrium scratch so that could have helped too.

Because I was a poor responder previous clinics would give me the highest dose possible, 450units. Dr Knight said that was too much, like 'flogging a dead horse', which I actually agreed with as that amount is bad for egg quality too. So my last FS gave me 262.5 and then topped it up with Luveris to maintain my egg quality without upping the stim.

My last cycle was a long cycle, antagonist never worked well with me. I never got any to freeze.

I met Sonya Jessup a few times, she was lovely, but I've been scarred by my experience there. I'm not saying they don't have success but maybe only for less complicated patients? Who knows. I've tried 4 clinics and I can see the difference in all 4. I know Genea isn't cheap, but it was our last option and I was lucky enough to be finally blessed. At the time, we were my FS's 19th success in a row. His name is Dr Antony Lighten.

Anyway, sorry if I've bombarded you with all this info. If there is anything else you want to know/ask, please do so, I'm more than happy to help.

Wishing you all the best and never give up hope!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Demeter Fertility - Dr David Knight?

Wow @AceOfBase!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond with very helpful information!!! You aren't bombarding me at all! In fact, this helps me a great deal!!!!!
    Goodness, you've really been through the ringer, but I commend you for not giving up because you have a beautiful DS!! You give me so much hope hun, so much!!
    I don't know what a poor responder is, but I'm on 450 Gonal f and 2 x Luveris.. It sounds like your Genea FS has the experience so I'm going to see him!! Thank you so much for the recommendation!
    So far I have 9 follicles, with a possible 5-6 eggs, but the trigger needs to happen tomorrow, not Monday, so I'm madly trying to get a hold of my FS to tell him I think we need to trigger tomorrow!!! I'm worried he's going to over cook my eggs
    Did you ever try something called the estrogen primed antagonist protocol where they give you estrogen between days 21-27 and then start injections on day 2 then throw in an ovulation blocked from day 6? I feel like this might be the best protocol for us women.. Problem for me is that a long protocol over suppressed me and there is very slow growth... And my LH, for example, is very very low, I worry this is compromising my egg quality
    Did you ever do PGD or was that not an option given your follicle numbers?
    Im currently on a long cycle, but I've been stimming for 13 days and worried this will compromise egg quality.
    Did you ever take DHEA?
    Also, do you remember what your AMH was?
    Thanks so much for resounding.. You have given wonderful info and a renewed sense of hope!! Thank you!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't respond properly hun, so I'll be quick this time My AMH was less than 1 and I did take DHEA for many years. I never had PGD but I think Genea does that. Have never tried estrogen primed antagonist protocol.

If you are due to trigger on Monday why do you feel you should trigger tomorrow? Which clinic are you with? It's hard to put our trust in our FS/clinic when our hearts are telling us something else isn't it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No problems hun
    Wow, you give me so much hope!! My AMH is 5.2 but I'm sure it's gone down to 3 by now.. Argh.
    I was due to trigger today but my scan yesterday showed small follicles (that had been growing 1mm a day). I did a scan today and the follicles had a growth spurt and had grown 2-4mm overnight!! They went from: 6, 6, 7, 7, 8, 11, 13, 14, 14, 15 and grew overnight to: 7, 7, 8, 8, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 19.

I've read the best time to trigger is between 16-22mm, as anything over that is going to result in an over cooked egg.. I believe the leading follicle has the best quality egg..... If trigger is Monday, I'm worried that will result in another 4-8mm of growth and over cook my follicles....

Google says: "The timing of the trigger shot to initiate meiosis: This should coincide with the majority of ovarian follicles being >15 mm in mean diameter with several follicles having reached 18-22 mm. Follicles of larger than 22 mm will usually harbor overdeveloped eggs which in turn will usually fail to produce good quality eggs. Conversely, follicles less than 15 mm will usually harbor underdeveloped eggs that are more likely to be aneuploid and incompetent following the trigger."

I'm with IVFA.... I have left a message with my fs but they're yet to bloody call me!!! I'm stressed out..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally get your concerns, I really hope your FS calls you tomorrow, it's so stressful when it's constantly on your mind, it's so consuming.

Your follicles are great though, good numbers & size, so even if the biggest ones are over mature the other ones may be perfect. And as you know, like me, it only takes one, but of course the more the merrier, I get that too. I'm having everything crossed for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @AceOfBase! Turns out the nurse who performed the scan on Saturday got it wrong! The measurements were much better today

I looked up Anthony Lighten and he has great reviews! He sounds like he really does listen. I fell off my chair when I read he actually reviews your file and looks at what has and has not worked and doesn't just try and use the same failed cycle.. The reviews were great.

Thank you so much for the recommendation. I'm going to call and get a second opinion. I saw another guy at Genea and he was terrible!!

Dr Lighten sounds like the guy for poor responders!! Thanks so much!! Will let you know how I get on with him! His reviews are fantastic!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You've said that on other threads too but I'm not following. Sorry.