ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help needed - low beta 9 days post 5 day transfer

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this forum & need some advice as I am so confused & losing hope

I'm currently on my second IVF cycle which was a 5 day transfer last Wed, making today 9 days post transfer.

I have been spotting on & off for the last 6 days so went in to get a blood test today & my HCG levels came back really low at only 10.

The nurses advised its still too early to tell & i need to wait for the proper test on Monday to confirm where it's at but I have a pretty strong feeling it hasn't happened & the HCG level is only left overs from the Pregnyl injection I had last Sunday (6 days ago).

I have done HPT for the last 3 days & have a faint line but assuming that's also the Pregnyl giving a false positive, it hasn't gotten any darker since Wed, just remained the same.

Has anyone gone through something similar & ended up being pregnant?

Thanks,
    Fi
    Last edited by Fifigal; 02-12-2016 at 15:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really hate to say this Hun but if the HPTs haven't gotten darker in a few days and your HCG is 10 at 9dp5dt things don't look very good. Always best to prepare for the worst in these situations but still have a bit of hope that a miracle might happen. Sorry wish I could give you more hope x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to me+he&she=three For This Useful Post:

MysticFalls  (04-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You were right, got my period today, feel like such a failure, this is the second cycle Will have to wait until Feb now for the next round & have no more frozen so it's back to square one. I'm already 37 & worried this may never happen for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry it's so disheartening isn't it. But don't feel like a failure if it's your 2nd cycle. Each cycle is vastly different in terms of results and realistically if it's going to happen at 37 there's a good chance of it happening within the first 3 cycles so the next one might be your time. I got pregnant with 3rd child a few months ago at 41 with IVF so you're definitely not old! (First was at 35 and second at 39!) take care of yourself between now and Feb and try to have some down time/relaxation as being in the right headspace has so much to do with how you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are so lovely, thanks for taking the time to share your story, I felt very down last night & your response pulled me out of my rut thanks for being such a sweet person & helping out a stranger, it helped me more than you could know You are right about getting into the right headspace, I am now taking 5 weeks off work over the next 2 months so it will be a great way to get my mind & body ready for Feb. So happy to hear that you have 3 little ones, no doubt u are an awesome mum . Will keep you posted on my Feb cycle. Thanks again, Fi x

Thanks
    Reviews
    fifigal,

I could not put it any better than me+he&she=3.

Your not a failure in any form of the word. Your brave to take on the journey of IVF. Its not easy and its is a rollercoaster. But most people take between 3-5 goes to get pregnant.

I got DD at 37yrs. A natural at 38, a natural at 41. sadly the two naturals ended in m.c due to Male Factor.

But your NOT a failure lady

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifigal View Post
    You are so lovely, thanks for taking the time to share your story, I felt very down last night & your response pulled me out of my rut thanks for being such a sweet person & helping out a stranger, it helped me more than you could know You are right about getting into the right headspace, I am now taking 5 weeks off work over the next 2 months so it will be a great way to get my mind & body ready for Feb. So happy to hear that you have 3 little ones, no doubt u are an awesome mum . Will keep you posted on my Feb cycle. Thanks again, Fi x
    Can't wait to see your update next year! Have some fun over Xmas and new year