+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IUI/IVF/Natural... What to do? What to do?

Hi All

Hoping for some general feedback, advice, personal stories (if willing to share).

DH and I have been TTC #2 for just over 2 years now. We have a 5yo DD. We are both early 30's.

We have A HEAP of tests and there's nothing "medically" wrong and we have been told at this stage it's just unexplained secondary infertility.

So we have tried 2 x IUI (daily gonal f injections + trigger shot) both unsuccessful.

We have decided that with Christmas coming we are going to have a break from the injections, blood tests, scans etc and will look into it again early next year.

I guess I'm just not sure what to do next.... how many IUI's do you attempt? Do we just go straight to IVF? Should we look into seeing a naturopath? Get acupuncture? Change our diets?

I just don't know and I'm hoping that by hearing other stories it will help us decide!!! I know everyone's different but I'm keen to read anything....

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have personal experience, but I know two people who did two rounds of IUI before moving to ICSI. Both got pregnant on their first round. So if you can afford it (and your doctor agrees to it) I would personally just get the egg and sperm mixed in the dish, cooked up for a few days and put back in... But I'm impatient and couldn't stand the wait of 'trying everything else' first. Just give me a baby already!