ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Activities for a new Melbourne mum

Just wondering do you do any activities with your baby? Bubs is 6 months now and wondering if it might be nice to do a class or activity? Do you do this, is it worth it, any suggestions for SE melb?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not in Melbourne but around that age I started taking DD to gymbaroo which she adored. They probably run sessions somewhere near you? I loved gymbaroo for that age as they talk a lot about neurodevelopment and best ways to support crawling and walking transitions.
    We also started swimming lessons around 6 months too which have always been a great hit. She's 17 months and I still do gymbaroo and swimming.
    There's also something called mainly music run out of churches, I haven't tried that yet but it's on my list.
    You can also go to local playgroups but you might find 6 months a bit young I'm not sure.
    Most public libraries run baby story time sessions too which are free.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

catg  (02-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Gingermillie that's great, will definitely look at these. Did you think it was worth doing activities at this age? I haven't really connected with any other mums yet so not really sure what's "normal" to be doing at this stage.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to catg For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (02-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catg View Post
    Thanks Gingermillie that's great, will definitely look at these. Did you think it was worth doing activities at this age? I haven't really connected with any other mums yet so not really sure what's "normal" to be doing at this stage.
    @catg yeah I definitely thought about that age was a good time to start. They start getting a bit interested in watching other babies and enjoying different activities. I thought gymbaroo was great at that age as they tailor it to non crawling babies and do a lot of baby massage and songs and then use equipment in an age appropriate way like swings and slides and practicing grabbing on monkey bars and stuff. Might also be a good way for you to meet some other mums

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will add that my DD loves music and loves any singing/story time. She is 8 months.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Ds loved storytime at the local library at that age!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We did gymbaroo and story time at the Library at that age. We've been going to mainly music for almost 2 years now and 6 months would be a fine age to go.