ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nuggetty View Post
    Ugh I need to vent. Sorry if people don't want to read...

I'm officially 3 weeks late. No positive pregnancy test. My doctor doesn't get back for another 2 weeks and I'm having cramps and lower back pain but no period!
    I don't think I'll ever complain about the two week wait. This 5 week wait is just awful.
    I know I'm just being negative and I should still have hope but it's so hard.
    I don't even know what the purpose of this rant is haha.
    I was just thinking about you earlier today and wondering if you had an outcome either way yet!

Hopefully your limbo ends one way or another soon

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lanabananah For This Useful Post:

nuggetty  (26-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanabananah View Post
    I was just thinking about you earlier today and wondering if you had an outcome either way yet!

Hopefully your limbo ends one way or another soon
    Aww thank you! I was going to keep quiet until I had an actual answer but the emotions hit tonight haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww thank you! I was going to keep quiet until I had an actual answer but the emotions hit tonight haha
    No one here is going to begrudge you a mini (or major) meltdown x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lanabananah For This Useful Post:

nuggetty  (27-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm officially 3 weeks late. No positive pregnancy test. My doctor doesn't get back for another 2 weeks and I'm having cramps and lower back pain but no period!
    I don't think I'll ever complain about the two week wait. This 5 week wait is just awful.
    I had a meltdown yesterday. We all do it, don't feel bad about it.

I know a woman had something similar to you, and it was from a cyst or something. She couldn't get a positive test, but af wouldn't start. It was perfectly safe (didn't do any damage) and it went away on its own after a few weeks. They diagnosed it on an ultrasound. Have you got any answers from your doctor yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nuggety I've been wondering about you! It must be just awful not knowing either way. I would be hounding drs for answers at this point, you've been more than patient and forgiving of them so far. Still hoping for a nice BFP for you.

Thanks
    Reviews

@nuggetty I 100% agree that you have every right to jump up and down and demand a blood test.

I had a gall bladder attack yesterday and the dr wanted to take bloods to check for pregnancy...and I'm CD12!

Definitely see another dr. Demand a blood test. You are within your right to have one.

Fx!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dreamingofnumber3 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (27-01-2017)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've had not much experience with OPK . Although I did use the digital ones a few times last year - never got a positive.
    Anyway had bloods done in October which indicated I wasn't ovulating - level of 4 instead of closer to 10 where it should be according to Ob. So stopped TTC.
    Anyway I've lost a couple of kgs and have been feeling different. Noticed a few changes and decided to do a O test.
    I got excited when I saw this first test until I read the instructions properly that said my test line needed to be darker than control line. And in this pic it's definitely not
    IMG_1485465809.556803.jpg
    So I thought I'd test again this morning and got this
    IMG_1485465840.513866.jpg
    My questions are:
    1. Does this second test look positive to you?
    2. Is it possible that this test could be positive but I still didn't ovulate?
    3. If this is positive, does that mean O happened in the last few days and DTD now won't achieve much but a good time?

I don't get it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
    I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've had not much experience with OPK . Although I did use the digital ones a few times last year - never got a positive.
    Anyway had bloods done in October which indicated I wasn't ovulating - level of 4 instead of closer to 10 where it should be according to Ob. So stopped TTC.
    Anyway I've lost a couple of kgs and have been feeling different. Noticed a few changes and decided to do a O test.
    I got excited when I saw this first test until I read the instructions properly that said my test line needed to be darker than control line. And in this pic it's definitely not
    Attachment 88356
    So I thought I'd test again this morning and got this
    Attachment 88357
    My questions are:
    1. Does this second test look positive to you?
    2. Is it possible that this test could be positive but I still didn't ovulate?
    3. If this is positive, does that mean O happened in the last few days and DTD now won't achieve much but a good time?

I don't get it!
    That looks positive to me.

A positive OPK indicates an LH surge, which you need to ovulate. Typically your LH surge happens 12-36 hours before ovulation. Ideally you want sperm waiting to catch the egg as soon as it's released (because eggs don't last very long, only about 12 hours), so as soon as you see that positive OPK you want to start BD'ing. Ideally BD as soon as you get the positive, that night and then the next day again if you can.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashling For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (27-01-2017)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thank you @Ashling ! I'd decided to stop TTC in the wake of blood test, until I lost weight but with a change in a few symptoms I thought something may have changed.
    I will let DH know he needs to be home, ready, willing and able for the next few days!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Ashling  (27-01-2017),kylez83  (27-01-2017),Lanabananah  (27-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So after 10months of ttc today I finally got my bfp IMG_1485489209.290320.jpg
    This was taken this morning about 8am

My last af was back in November I did tests earlier in the month and they were negative so just didn't think about it till I started having extreme tiredness this week and an sore bbs.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to lilsushi For This Useful Post:

Ashling  (31-01-2017),curlybird  (31-01-2017),InterestedWoman  (27-01-2017),Kaya  (27-01-2017),kylez83  (27-01-2017),Mad89  (27-01-2017),MaybeBabyIVF  (27-01-2017),NinjaKB  (27-01-2017),Rachi321  (31-01-2017),skydancer  (27-01-2017),TheGooch  (27-01-2017),WanabeMumma  (30-01-2017)