+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Putting my hand up to join in for the first time! Testing on the 24th (roughly).

We are trying for our first baby, and December was our first month TTC but due to too many work/Christmas commitments falling exactly around O date, I was a little too disorganized to catch it and I don't think the timing worked out. There may be a tiny chance but seems very unlikely.

Going to be much better prepared for January, so fingers crossed!

This year has absolutely flown by, but now we are TTC, time seems to be going in slow motion

All the best to everyone else, hopefully lots of BFP's to start 2017 off with a bang!!
    Last edited by ivyninja; 14-12-2016 at 10:41.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ivyninja For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (14-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would love to be put down for Jan 12th testing please
    @ivyninja December was our first time TTC #1 also! I was so sure I'd be one of those random first time lucky people but it wasn't meant to be! I agree with you, the year has flown by but now that we are TTC every day feels like it is going forever.

Hoping I can calm down abit for the next month, as I think I took things WAY too seriously last month, analyzing every single feeling.

Will be ovulating the week between Xmas and New Years, a very busy and exhausting week for us. So who knows whether this month will be ours.

Good luck to every body!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wheelsy For This Useful Post:

taylormacpat  (14-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelsy View Post
    I would love to be put down for Jan 12th testing please
    @ivyninja December was our first time TTC #1 also! I was so sure I'd be one of those random first time lucky people but it wasn't meant to be! I agree with you, the year has flown by but now that we are TTC every day feels like it is going forever.

Hoping I can calm down abit for the next month, as I think I took things WAY too seriously last month, analyzing every single feeling.

Will be ovulating the week between Xmas and New Years, a very busy and exhausting week for us. So who knows whether this month will be ours.

Good luck to every body!!!
    I think our cycles are very similar! Good luck to us!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by taylormacpat View Post
    I think our cycles are very similar! Good luck to us!!
    What a fun week that will be

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wheelsy For This Useful Post:

taylormacpat  (14-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm calling it early....I'm out.
    I should OV close to NYE and then head to WA with DD to see my fokes so fx we get a few bd sessions in before I leave.

Fx we get a new year BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm jumping in early here too...
    Had stomach pain for the last few days (quite sharp if I stretched out) and am feeling like AF is on her way...not due for another week though

January we will be looking into further treatments after TTC 8 months on metformin and letrozole for PCOS

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF showed this morning which I'm okay as I got to have a few too many drinks at Dp's xmass work do at the race course. Fx we get a new year bfp. I will post again this morning mist Likley. Goodluck ladies.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Unicorno89 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (17-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldOwl View Post
    Good evening/morning,

We are planning on starting ttc next week essentially! Mirena removal on Tuesday and then just a "see what happens" attitude until we have a few regular periods and can track ovulation. Be nice if we just scored a little luck and fell pregnant while waiting to officially track it all.

Have had Mirena in since January 2015, and this past week have been feeling pregnant. Would only be 2.5 weeks I'd imagine (since conception, 21/11) but even then it's so ridiculously unlikely (0.3%) and I don't know if I'd want us to be with the high risk of ectopic and miscarriage with Mirena in. Get blood test results in the morning. Feeling a little ill: off food,'no taste, constant worsening nausea, period like pain particularly over left side, exhaustion, anxiety, did I mention all day nausea. Like I was when pregnant with my son, minus this pain (only a little cramming week 3/4 with son), but around 5/6 weeks.
    Petrified of results tomorrow. I want to be pregnant, we are planning it and ready, but I don't want to be in such a high rick situation and experience the grief of a miscarriage no matter how early in a pregnancy.

Anyway, at some point in the coming months we'd be hoping for a bfp

Mirena out (no pregnancy, looks like mirena had been bumped into uterine/fallopian wall during pap smear and was causing all symptoms) and AF straight away. No idea if I will have a normal cycle but we will just treat it as a normal cycle and monitor for ovulation as best we can. If cycle is normal (highly unlikely) we will O around 29th Dec, and so test around 10th Jan when next period possibly due. No big hopes. But hey, christmas snuggles, not complaining!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @EmeraldOwl sorry to hear you got a negative, fingers crossed next time is lucky for you. I'm sorry I can't comment on your queries on mirena, I've not hear of this before, what is it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylez83 View Post
    @EmeraldOwl sorry to hear you got a negative, fingers crossed next time is lucky for you. I'm sorry I can't comment on your queries on mirena, I've not hear of this before, what is it?
    The Mirena is an intrauterine device (iud) which releases certain hormones to prevent pregnancy; how it prevents pregnancy is unclear but it is thought that a combination of thinning the uterine lining, changing composition of vaginal mucous and also being "in the way" of sperm at the entrance of Fallopian tubes, creates such a hostile environment for the survival of sperm and the implanting of a fertile egg if a sperm manages to make it, that pregnancy cannot occur. It doesn't stop ovulation. It is, apparently, 99.7% effective at preventing pregnancy. I had it put in as a "cure" for endometriosis.

I'm actually glad we got a negative. Falling pregnant with a Mirena in, however unlikely, has a huge chance of being ectopic, and if not ectopic there's a big chance of miscarriage for not removing Mirena and for removing Mirena. So very high risk pregnancy.

Once Mirena removed it can take a few cycles to get back to regular cycles, which can make predicting O harder. Will see how we this month but not expecting a bfp.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to EmeraldOwl For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (18-12-2016)