ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

The OPK has spoken on schedule. Fx dp can bd again today,tomorrow and on NYE and then I'll be satisfied

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default January 2017 TTC Chat

Quote Originally Posted by warratag View Post
    Well low and behold, the clearblue digital stick showed, for the second time in a year, the flashing smiley face!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited. So now in terms of intercourse / BD, would it be best if I did it once a day or twice a day? And I know it's usually two days of flashing smiley faces, but how long after the first solid smiley face would I ovulate? Is it within those two solid smiley face days or should I continue to BD after the two days of flashing smileys? Please let me know as I have to start IVF medication 7 days after I ovulate and I have to be sure when I ovulate so I can count 7 days... Thank you ladies

Also, how does CD detect estrogen rises? when I ejected the stick, the second line was very faint.. So how does it detect whatever it is that gives the flashing smiley?
    You need to keep testing until you get the solid peak now but keep in mind you may get any number of flashing ones before you get the solid.

Since You seem to now be in the fertile window, most people seem to recommend every second day bd from now until you get the solid and then every day for 3 days.
    From what I have I read, your partner will not be able to generate the good sperm quick enough if you bd too much!

I'm not sure about the estrogen reading but from what I cN tell, you can't base anything from the lines that you see on the extractable test.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Lanabananah; 29-12-2016 at 11:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic Unicorno89 Sending baby dust your way!!

Warratag that is exciting, I would recommend to continue daily testing until you get your solid smiley face, but it shouldn't be too far away. I got my solid smiley face two days ago and yesterday I had all the symptoms that I ovulated. But it just depends on each individual. All the best!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to niccyt For This Useful Post:

Unicorno89  (29-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I got a faint line on my ovulation test this arvo
    Now I know it's negative still
    But just wanting everyone else's opinion how long did it take to get dark?
    I've never used them before my app says I'm due to ovulate on Saturday (2 days) would that sound about accurate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorno89 View Post

The OPK has spoken on schedule. Fx dp can bd again today,tomorrow and on NYE and then I'll be satisfied
    Yay!!!!
    Thinking I should get these tests much easier to read

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by melbournemummaof3 View Post
    Yay!!!!
    Thinking I should get these tests much easier to read
    I prefer my normal opks as i can watch hl the progression with these you can't 😣 i had to get these as my others haven't arrived yet which is annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by melbournemummaof3 View Post
    So I got a faint line on my ovulation test this arvo
    Now I know it's negative still
    But just wanting everyone else's opinion how long did it take to get dark?
    I've never used them before my app says I'm due to ovulate on Saturday (2 days) would that sound about accurate?
    I have found the apps aren't very accurate unless you temp.

How long are your cycles and LP? Do you temp? It's hard to tell as it could be a few days or a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How does one temp? Is there a kit for the newbies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by warratag View Post
    How does one temp? Is there a kit for the newbies?
    What app do you use? Fertility friend is the best for temping. All you need its a basal body thermometer which you can get from chemist WH or ebay. You need to take your temperature roughly at the same time each morning before getting up or anything. You can do it orally or vaginally which is gives a better reading.

Or there is a new device to take the Hassel out of it all called tempdrop, I'm waiting on mine to be shipped and it syncs to your app and does all the hard work for you.

You can't tell when you are going to OV only when you have so then that gives you a better understanding on your cycle and your LP.

I have a 29 day cycle atm it would be 30 but my LP is 13 days insead of 14 and I O on CD 16 insead of 14.

The issue is if you don't know when you actually ovulate you won't know if there are issues with your LP so someone could think they ov when their application says but in fact they ov on CD 18 and only have a 6 day LP which makes it harder to get pregnant as it needs to be a minimum of 10 days and because a person is thinking the app is right you miss out all the time without knowing what's really going on. Sorry I hope this makes sense

Thanks
    Reviews
    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321221334352

Here is a starter kit off ebay.