+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,296
    Thanks
    1,870
    Thanked
    3,878
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @tootsiegirl if you are leaking fluid and think it might be amniotic fluid please call the hospital/your ob/midwife/someone. Rupture of membranes is a contraindication to keeping the stitch in so if it IS amniotic fluid then the stitch needs to come out. Leaking 'water' is not normal. It could just be normal vaginal mucous/secretions but I would get it checked out to be on the safe side. Last thing you want is to go through all of this and develop an infection in your uterus for untreated rupture of membranes. I will always tell women to err on the side of caution. It's much better to be checked out and all ok than ignore it and have a problem later on from it.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

    tootsiegirl  (06-12-2016)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    466
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked
    151
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks M'LadyEm, I mentioned it to my ob and ha a scan today to check fluid around bub an all seems good. Thanks for the heads up though, have me a kick in the butt to follow it up!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to tootsiegirl For This Useful Post:

    M'LadyEm  (06-12-2016)

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,296
    Thanks
    1,870
    Thanked
    3,878
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Always better to be checked out and be nothing than do nothing and it be something!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

    tootsiegirl  (06-12-2016)

  7. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0

    Default Post emergency cerclage management.

    It’s been a couple of stressful weeks and I ain’t done worrying yet. Basically had 6mm of cervix at 22w and the Dr decided to put an emergency cerclage in. Up to this point I have been with maternity group practice and I was reviewed a couple of days ago but the reg I saw seem bewildered by my case and really only raised my questions than answers for me. Finally had a scan today 2 weeks since and I am 20mm! Which I think is great but I don’t get to see another Dr aparently and I won’t get another TVU scan. This has me stressed as at 24w, I have a lot of time to worry about the CL before I make it to term. Advice anyone? I feel I need more follow up than just the routine antenatal midwife check up.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Cervical Ectopic Pregnancy
    By Charli22 in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-07-2016, 05:25
  2. Cervical Polyps
    By Sally1981 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-02-2016, 14:42
  3. 15 weeks...bleeding...possible cerclage...confused!
    By Patience86 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-01-2016, 21:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
ProSwimProSwim Rostrevor runs learn to swim classes for children and adults. Lessons are run during the Summer months ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›