+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @tootsiegirl if you are leaking fluid and think it might be amniotic fluid please call the hospital/your ob/midwife/someone. Rupture of membranes is a contraindication to keeping the stitch in so if it IS amniotic fluid then the stitch needs to come out. Leaking 'water' is not normal. It could just be normal vaginal mucous/secretions but I would get it checked out to be on the safe side. Last thing you want is to go through all of this and develop an infection in your uterus for untreated rupture of membranes. I will always tell women to err on the side of caution. It's much better to be checked out and all ok than ignore it and have a problem later on from it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

tootsiegirl  (06-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks M'LadyEm, I mentioned it to my ob and ha a scan today to check fluid around bub an all seems good. Thanks for the heads up though, have me a kick in the butt to follow it up!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tootsiegirl For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (06-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Always better to be checked out and be nothing than do nothing and it be something!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

tootsiegirl  (06-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Post emergency cerclage management.

It’s been a couple of stressful weeks and I ain’t done worrying yet. Basically had 6mm of cervix at 22w and the Dr decided to put an emergency cerclage in. Up to this point I have been with maternity group practice and I was reviewed a couple of days ago but the reg I saw seem bewildered by my case and really only raised my questions than answers for me. Finally had a scan today 2 weeks since and I am 20mm! Which I think is great but I don’t get to see another Dr aparently and I won’t get another TVU scan. This has me stressed as at 24w, I have a lot of time to worry about the CL before I make it to term. Advice anyone? I feel I need more follow up than just the routine antenatal midwife check up.