+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Student Birth Doula WA

Hi there! I'm a student Birth Doula looking for any pregnant mummas in WA interested in utilising my FREE services. I am located in Mandurah, however am willing to cover the area from Perth-Bunbury. I would provide support during your pregnancy and birth, provide information and direction to help you make informed decisions and enable you to have the birth you wish for. Typically we would meet at least two times during your pregnancy, however I am willing and able to attend any medical appointments or scans if you require the support. Unlimited SMS and email support, as well as 24hr on call for two weeks before and after your due date. This means zero alcohol consumption and my phone on me at all times. Attendance at your home for pre labour if you require this, or meeting you at hospital to get settled in for the main event! I am able and willing to document the birth of you so choose. Please note this will detract from my ability to assist you, and I am not a professional in this field. Also included is a postnatal discussion to help you through the early stages of parenting, including breastfeeding support.

All of this is a free service which enables me to gain the experience I require to become a qualified Birth Doula.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (02-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @MrsTugs

I'm in Kwinana birthing at Rockingham General in March aiming for a 2nd VBAC.

Is the set up for a student doula similar to a student midwife, as in you work under supervision/have someone to debrief with. Who do you study through

I know it's not the same as a doula is there to support me as the midwife is more focused on the mechanics of birth.

I'm happy to discus through PM or even meet up as I am interested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi Beloved! Thanks for your questions!
    Childbirth International is where I will be completing my Doula certification. They require attendance at a minimum of two births before certification is awarded, and I will be under the guidance of a trainer during this period. This trainer will not be in attendance. I will be marked on my reflection of the births I attend.

You are correct in that a doula is more about empowerment and support. I would have no medical input or hands on involvement in the birth. I am there for you (and your birth partner/s, if relevant) only.

I've answered these questions publicly so any other interested parties can read along, but please PM me if you are still interested in proceeding

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Bel0v3d  (02-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump