+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Do you still get woollies rewards points? I haven't gotten a single one in months, I had just assumed they had discontinued the program.
    They've recently changed their rewards program so it's a lot like fly buys now. So much better - the previous system they had was very unrewarding!

The promo at the moment (which started last week) is spend $80 a week for 4 weeks and get 10,000 points (equivalent to $50 off a shop). Coles has similar offers but they expect you to spend double the amount to qualify, which my weekly shop usually falls short of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    They've recently changed their rewards program so it's a lot like fly buys now. So much better - the previous system they had was very unrewarding!

The promo at the moment (which started last week) is spend $80 a week for 4 weeks and get 10,000 points (equivalent to $50 off a shop). Coles has similar offers but they expect you to spend double the amount to qualify, which my weekly shop usually falls short of.
    Coles and Woolies both personalise th e spend amount based on your spending history with them. So my Woolies offer for the same bonus points required a $175 weekly spend for the 4 weeks.

I had to do a Coles shop last week (for their cheap wipes and decaf) and feel like I'm commited to shopping there for the next 3 weeks now to get those bonus points! Gah, they know how to play us!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Coles and Woolies both personalise th e spend amount based on your spending history with them. So my Woolies offer for the same bonus points required a $175 weekly spend for the 4 weeks.

I had to do a Coles shop last week (for their cheap wipes and decaf) and feel like I'm commited to shopping there for the next 3 weeks now to get those bonus points! Gah, they know how to play us!!
    So true! I anticipate Coles will start sending me better offers once their system picks up that I haven't done my predictable weekly shop there for a few weeks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (01-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with everything that's been mentioned above. definitely second the freezing of everything -nothing gets wasted in my house! At the end of my week I always make a vegetable lasagna vegetable curry vegetable stir fry or just roast all my leftover veg for pizza toppings and Turkish bread sandwiches it's a great way to make sure you use up everything in your fridge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and make sure to double check your receipt from Coles and Woolies! I'm always overcharged for things that I meant to be on special. If you are overcharged you get the item for free plus a full refund as well. I usually get at least $10 off shopping just by checking this (my local Coles is rubbish with pricing but it benefits me!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    So true! I anticipate Coles will start sending me better offers once their system picks up that I haven't done my predictable weekly shop there for a few weeks.
    Be careful with these "spend X amount" shops at Coles

The offer I had was to spend $150 for 4 weeks to receive $50 off

I spent $175 week 4 and it wasn't showing that I qualified on the receipt as it usually did. So i phoned them and the person I spoke to said they could see there was an error and they would fix it up. Never happened. ☹️

I was really annoyed so phoned again. Same story.. i never got the $50.

I used to shop at Coles all the time. Aldi all the way now!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    Be careful with these "spend X amount" shops at Coles

The offer I had was to spend $150 for 4 weeks to receive $50 off

I spent $175 week 4 and it wasn't showing that I qualified on the receipt as it usually did. So i phoned them and the person I spoke to said they could see there was an error and they would fix it up. Never happened. ☹️

I was really annoyed so phoned again. Same story.. i never got the $50.

I used to shop at Coles all the time. Aldi all the way now!!
    Gah! That's lousy of them. I'm guessing it was something that might have been a bit hard to fix (system wise), but a manager should have been able to do something for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah but they're woolworths points now, not frequent flyer anymore. You get 1 point per $1 spent and 2000 points gets you $10 off. But they'll often have triple points on fruit/veg or meat. At the moment they're doing spend $100 and get $10 off too.

Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Do you still get woollies rewards points? I haven't gotten a single one in months, I had just assumed they had discontinued the program.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (01-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some tips:

Dont take your kids if you can help it
    Don't shop when you're hungry
    Shop around and buy in bulk when things are on special
    Store bulk non-perishable items such as long life milk, pasta,.canned foods in storage bins in the shed or garage
    Freeze items such as bread, meat, butter etc
    Buy wholesale from farms etc (fresh produce)
    Cook your own things from scratch
    Plant a veggie garden and herbs and fruit trees
    Get some hens so you have free eggs
    Use natural products such as vinegar and bicarb to clean
    Buy or make your own cloth nappies and sanitary pads
    Reuse sandwich bags (you can easily wash them if they're dirty)
    Eat meet free a few times a week
    Cook/bake extra batches and freeze or use for left overs the next day
    Last edited by Unschooling4; 08-12-2016 at 12:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We spend about $150pw family of 4 (a 3 yr old and 3mth old. 3mth old ebf and cloth nappies during day and disposable overnight or if out). I also do a bulk order every other month of around $150.

- meal plan (already suggested)
    - I made a list of my best super budget meals and pick a couple of items off them each week
    - join a co-op and buy in bulk. I get organic stuff the same price or cheaper than supermarket
    - buy fruit n veg from farmers markets or fruit shop
    - make own snacks (tub of hummus in shops is $2-$4, can of chickpeas on special for $1 add a sprinkle of cumin, squeeze of honey & lemon, salt n pepper and you have double the amount for half the price).
    -don't go to shop during the week unless absolutely necessary