ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used huggies on mine when they were newborns...and for several months later then switched to coles comfy bots. Only have one in nappies now i tend to buy whats on special.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Huggies (but not the pullups) worked well for us. I tired out a few other brands but they gave DD nappy rash. Other babies are happy in other brands though! As other have said, don't stock as you won't know what size / brand to get. It's all trial and error if you won't be able to leave the house much, wollies and Coles deliver

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stupidly, I used huggies with my first 2 kids. Never thought to try anything cheaper!

With my 3rd I've always used either aldi or Coles comfy bots and they are great. Wish I'd thought to use them in the beginning. So much cheaper & great nappies too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    Stupidly, I used huggies with my first 2 kids. Never thought to try anything cheaper!

With my 3rd I've always used either aldi or Coles comfy bots and they are great. Wish I'd thought to use them in the beginning. So much cheaper & great nappies too!
    This. I assumed huggies were better as they were more expensive. WRONG!!

I didn't try another brand until once I was caught out when dd1 was 2 and used a cheap one. And guess what, a nappy is a nappy lol.

Coles, Aldi and the new woolies ones are great, if not better, and sooooo much cheaper, just without the cute boxes lol

Ps not a fan of babylove. And their parent company is an Aussie tax avoider too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBase View Post
    I absolutely love the Aldi nappies, they're a great price and I've never had a problem wth them. No leakage issues, the elastic isn't too tight and they seem to be a comfortable fit for my DS.
    This.
    We were given so many different kinds for DD, and a lot gave her rash and/or leaked. Aldi was consistently good.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (30-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use comfy bots and the new woollies nappies. I didn't like the old woolies ones but they've recently changed them and they're on par with comfy bots now. I don't mind babylove and snugglers are also ok but will only buy them if the have a good special on as they're more expensive.

The Coles Comfy bots range also comes in swim nappies and pull up type nappies which will save a bundle over the huggies type brands later on too. I only used huggies newborn that were given as gifts.

With wipes I also use comfy bots usually but I prefer curash. However they're also expensive and we seem to go through tonnes of wipes which adds up pretty quick with the expensive brand names. Having said all this, DS is a standard size and not sensitive to nappies/wipes/soaps etc and I can use anything on him. Nappy rash only occurs here when he's sick and pooping a lot.

My advice is to wait til bubs is born before loading up as you may find they're sensitive to some brands or the fit isn't right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    I use comfy bots and the new woollies nappies. I didn't like the old woolies ones but they've recently changed them and they're on par with comfy bots now. I don't mind babylove and snugglers are also ok but will only buy them if the have a good special on as they're more expensive.

The Coles Comfy bots range also comes in swim nappies and pull up type nappies which will save a bundle over the huggies type brands later on too. I only used huggies newborn that were given as gifts.

With wipes I also use comfy bots usually but I prefer curash. However they're also expensive and we seem to go through tonnes of wipes which adds up pretty quick with the expensive brand names. Having said all this, DS is a standard size and not sensitive to nappies/wipes/soaps etc and I can use anything on him. Nappy rash only occurs here when he's sick and pooping a lot.

My advice is to wait til bubs is born before loading up as you may find they're sensitive to some brands or the fit isn't right.
    Yeah I'm happy with the new woolies ones too. Very similar to comfy bots and similar price. Means I can get my cheap yet decent nappies from any of the supermarkets now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh you've inspired me to give the new Woolies ones a go. The previous ones were horrible and smelled strongly of wee...

I'd seen the new ones, but not been inspired to try them due to what i assume is the mistake in the brand name... Little One's? Really?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When my DS was born (premmie) we used Huggies as that's what the hospital provided. We stuck with Huggies for several months. Dabbled in a couple of other brands (Woolies & Target) but didn't like them much.

As he got older I tried a few other brands and found out of the cheaper nappies that the Coles comfy bots were the best (after Huggies). The Aldi nappies are pretty good too. Baby Love is pretty good too, though they're a bit more expensive then the Aldi/Coles.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nappy brands?

Huggies when they are on special otherwise baby love
    After reading the posts will try comfy bots as I like the wipes already
    Last edited by Kristyj; 30-11-2016 at 08:20. Reason: Spell check