+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Nappy brands?

I'm just wondering if people have noticed a big difference between disposable nappy brands? I'm trying to get a stash of stuff organised now while we still have two incomes, to try to lessen the impact when we drop to one.

Anyway, I'm wondering with nappies, is there a lot of difference between brands? If there is, which do you recommend? And is it actually true that some nappies just don't fit on some babies? My friend has told me that her baby can't wear Huggies because they don't fit right.

Thanks for any help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes you might have to try a few different brands to find one your child likes. Plus you might have a bigger baby and not need newborn size for very long etc.
    So someone suggested to us buying gift vouchers instead of nappies then we could just pull them out when we needed nappies/wipes/formula etc. Worked really well!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (29-11-2016),rosey82  (29-11-2016),Shoopuf  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, exactly as @angalee said.

I wouldn't buy too many of one kind. You don't know if they will fit well, or how long you might be in a size, etc. Or your bub might have a reaction to a brand.

For us, we found Huggies newborns good, but have since moved on to the much cheaper and quite good Coles ones.

Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    So someone suggested to us buying gift vouchers instead of nappies then we could just pull them out when we needed nappies/wipes/formula etc. Worked really well!
    That's a great suggestion, but a large part of the reason I was wanting to stock up on essentials was so that, in the early weeks/months, I didn't have to leave the house on my own with the baby when my DH is working away. I know I *could* still do it, but I thought it would be handy to have some extra supplies on hand

But if there are issues with certain brands not being suitable for individual babies, then there's no point really because I'll just end up with a massive stash of stuff I can't use

Thanks
    Reviews
    As others have said be carefule stocking up with lots of nappies as you just cant tell what will fit baby best. As a suggestion Why don't you get some cloth nappies the all in one's so that if you don't feel like going out the house you have an option. And trust me you will find any excuse to get out of the house to keep yourself sane in the early months. Good luck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to flowers21 For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 17 months and has always been in huggies since birth. I was put off changing when a friend switched from huggies and her DD got a really bad nappy rash (something we've never had touch wood) so I figure why mess with things when I'm really happy with what I've got.
    As others said I probably wouldn't stock up on nappies (wipes too) as it can be better to try once bub is here and see what suits best in terms of fit and any reactions. Also some babies barely go into newborn size my DD was in newborn for 10 weeks so be careful with sizing as it's really unpredictable. Maybe keep receipts just in case and you might be able to swap any if needed.
    With huggies aside from the usual newborn poo explosions that happened occasionally I've never had leakage issues so I would recommend them but haven't tried others to compare. I use curash fragrance free wipes btw.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I absolutely love the Aldi nappies, they're a great price and I've never had a problem wth them. No leakage issues, the elastic isn't too tight and they seem to be a comfortable fit for my DS.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

DT75  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with everyone else.

I will add I needed Hyggies when DS and DD were born as they were tiny and nothing else fit! But since DD has now stacked it on she is in Aldi nappies.

I have had no leaks with Aldi nappies with DD (DS leaked sometimes but with all brands).

Huggies did not fit well when DD/DS grew - they seemed to be smaller fit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with what everyone else has said.

Huggies fit my kids well. Babylove were a funny shape and either fell off or leaked.

Surprisingly the Coles homebrand nappies were actually pretty good (and cheap too).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have huggies for both DS1 & DS2. I went through 5 boxes of newborn before I had to go up to the next size as my babies are skinny and long and not much fat on them. Now that everything has settled I use the ALDI nappies which are great during the day $16 for like 90 pack) & the huggies at night. I also have cloth nappies aswell. As for wipes I literally just bought like 6000 of them on Groupon (huggies ones to) for $116 the deal was awesome. I've got a stock pile of everything in my cupboard so when I run out I don't have to worry about going to the shops all the time