+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I nearly forgot...they also have started me on my progesterone pessaries which I need to start tonight.
    After today I need to have 3 a day until I'm told otherwise...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've not had experience with IVF so are no help to you there... (though we are from Perth and do have experience with Concept Fertility) ... but I do want to wish both you and your husband all the best with the whole process. After everything you've been through, I really hope you have a positive outcome and are able to start a family. You guys are so ready and so deserving.

Please keep us updated... whatever the outcome.. you have a cheer squad here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @postie! Super sweet of you! I hope you are having success on your journey xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @alittlebitofadiva .. we were very fortunate and blessed with a little one. She's now 8 months and super cheeky. So don't give up hope.

Due to my wife having a very low AMH we consulted with Concept and were even possibly looking down the donor egg path... but luckily it all came together for us.

I've heard IVF can be long and tumultuous process.. but it's so worth it in the end. Hang in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome @postie. Congratulations on your little girl!

Such an inspirational story...my friend has just found out she has low amh and she is scared. I will tell her your story. She is very similar to me...always wanted kids and wanted to be a young mother but mr right didn't come along until later.

We are only at the beginning of our ivf journey and I can say it's definitely a full on process! I don't know how people can go month after month...you would need a very compassionate boss! Somebody tried to tell me that ivf is "the easy way" because the experts "do it all for you". My god I had to bite my tongue!!! She managed to fall pregnant naturally so I just reminded her how lucky she was.

I know whatever the outcome doing ivf is worth it. I need to feel like we tried everything and if it doesn't work for us adoption is our backup plan as we know we have love to give ❤️

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alittlebitofadiva For This Useful Post:

postie  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So far on day 1 we had 1 egg fertilise. 1 egg is missing it's shell and if it does fertilise they think it will be too fragile to implant and the other 2 they are watching and waiting for them to fertilise 🤞🏼
    Hopefully we will get a better report later today...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alittlebitofadiva View Post
    That's awesome @postie. Congratulations on your little girl!

Such an inspirational story...my friend has just found out she has low amh and she is scared. I will tell her your story. She is very similar to me...always wanted kids and wanted to be a young mother but mr right didn't come along until later.
    Hi @alittlebitofadiva .. not sure how open or interested in this sort of thing (you or) your friend is but after we were told by Concept FS that IVF and most likely with donor eggs would be our only option due to very low AMH - we took a break from concept to think about our next step.

We began consulting with a fantastic Chinese Medicine practitioner who we later found out has a special interest in fertility (so we were definitely experiencing a case of divine intervention there!) and he started my wife on a series of herbs and occasional acupuncture to help improve the situation.

Just over 3 months later - we got a positive pregnancy test! He then changed the herbs to different ones that supported the developing embryo during the first trimester and we never looked back.

May be something to look into to help you both along the journey. We figured it couldn't hurt (apart from financially, lol) and thank the universe every day that we did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm definitely open to it...I have been thinking about acupuncture this week before and after transfer (hopefully!) and would be very thankful if you could pass on where you went or practitioner used...

If this transfer isn't successful I was going to look at seeing a Traditional Chinese Medicine Dr anyway just not sure where to go...

I'm SOR but would travel to Geraldton if I thought it would increase our chances lol. Financially we have known for 3 years that we need to use Ivf so have saved a lot of money in preparation plus I think the outcome is priceless so I'm willing to pay whatever it takes (within reason)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've sent you a PM with all the details - not sure on the forum guidelines for posting links etc.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to postie For This Useful Post:

alittlebitofadiva  (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much! I just found out we are having the transfer tomorrow at 8am so I guess acupuncture is out this time but I will still look into it after anyway