+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbletrouble View Post
    Hoping your scan and bloods are good tomorrow hun! I think you'll be up for EPU on Monday 🤞
    Thank you!

Day 11 Friday 26th October 2018

Scan and Blood Test

E2 was 5720

Lining was 10.2C

Right Ovary had 1 x 15mm and 1 x 10mm

Left Ovary had 3 x 17mm, 2 x 16mm, 1 x 14mm, 1 x 13mm and 1 x 10mm

The doctor wants me to continue medication and go back in for a scan and blood test Monday. Most likely for collection Wednesday. They want to push me to Wednesday so that hopefully my eggs are more mature and we can get some embryos to blastocyst...🤞🏼

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alittlebitofadiva For This Useful Post:

bubbletrouble (27-10-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 14 Monday 29th October 2018

Scan and Blood Test

E2 was 9627

Lining was 11C

Right Ovary had 1 x 17mm, 1x 11mm and 1 x 10mm

Left Ovary had 1 x 23mm, 1 x 19mm, 2 x 18mm, 2 x 17mm, 1 x 15mm, 1 x 13mm and 2 x 12mm

Egg Collection is booked for Wednesday!!!🤞🏼

Thanks
    Reviews
    11!!!!!

I told the Dr doing the collection that I was hoping for 6. She said she will do her best.
    When I woke up I quickly looked at my hand for the number and was completely shocked to see 11! There are so many hurdles still to go before transfer on Monday but for now we are going to celebrate this moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    The celebrations ended abruptly this morning when I received the call to up date our fertilisation...
    Of the 11 only 7 were mature enough for ICSI and so far none of them have progressed...we are so upset and broken.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry to hear that diva Everything crossed for a little bit of magic in the lab overnight x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbletrouble For This Useful Post:

alittlebitofadiva (01-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbletrouble View Post
    So sorry to hear that diva Everything crossed for a little bit of magic in the lab overnight x
    Thanks hun. I’m not holding my breath. She gave me the impression it was more a formality than anything x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been in similar situations twice, so I really do understand how you feel.

I overstimulated on a cycle and had to freeze both embryos we managed to get. I had to wait a couple of months for my body to settle down, then a couple of weeks of injections to prepare for a FET. The day before we were scheduled to transfer I got a call at work to say neither of the embryos survived the thaw process. Months of preparation for nothing

The cycle just before this one, again we had 2 embryos on the go, but got the call on transfer day that both of them had arrested around day 2-3.

It's absolutely gut wrenching when you invest so much of yourself only for things to fall apart at such a critical point. The worst thing about it is that it's not in your control, and I think that's one of the hardest things about this process.

I hope you can find some time to do something nice for yourself while you figure out your next steps

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubbletrouble For This Useful Post:

alittlebitofadiva (02-11-2018),Bluemeeple (02-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m back!!

I had to leave for a while. I’m sure most of you can understand. I took the last failure quite hard. I had so much hope and joy after finding out we had 11 that never in a million years did I think they would all fail to progress!!! I thought for sure we would have something we could transfer but unfortunately it wasn’t to be!

We have new direction now and I will update you shortly with our exciting news!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alittlebitofadiva For This Useful Post:

bubbletrouble (07-05-2019),Molros (05-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alittlebitofadiva View Post
    I’m back!!

I had to leave for a while. I’m sure most of you can understand. I took the last failure quite hard. I had so much hope and joy after finding out we had 11 that never in a million years did I think they would all fail to progress!!! I thought for sure we would have something we could transfer but unfortunately it wasn’t to be!

We have new direction now and I will update you shortly with our exciting news!!
    Looking forward to hearing your news!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbletrouble For This Useful Post:

alittlebitofadiva (09-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    After the disappointment from our last 2 cycles had lessened we sat down and discussed what to do next. Firstly, we met with our FS to see what answers they had...
    They didn’t really have any clear answers in my opinion. One thing they said they would try is changing the medium the embryo is in to include calcium but other than that not much was offered as a clear path forward. This may have been because we were taking a break due to Christmas and a holiday we had booked in February so we wouldn’t be back until March. Perhaps they would have offered more answers at that time but we decided to change direction so we never went back to that clinic.

Knowing I had 4 months until we were looking at trying again I started research...
    Why did the embryos fail to progress past fertilisation?
    What could we change?
    Why are we not getting to transfer?

All of my research basically pointed to egg quality issues and it didn’t make sense to me to keep doing the same thing and getting the same result! So, how do we fix my egg quality?

We have been doing most of the suggested things already...CoQ10, no sugar, no gluten, no alcohol, avoid parabens, sulfates, lost weight etc. etc.

This has made life pretty boring and has not changed our outcome so what else could we do? Use someone else’s eggs!

We looked at using donor eggs and the benefit that comes with that. We would prefer an anonymous donor so in order to do that we would have to go overseas.

We started by looking at the website
    eggdonationfriends.com
    You can select a country from the drop down box and compare all the clinics and what they offer. There is a lot of information to go through but it’s a great starting point. We narrowed it down to a few clinics in Spain and finally decided on IVF-Spain Alicante.

You can do a free Skype with most clinics to help you to decide and then you do a paid Skype consultation with a doctor.

We had our Dr Skype on Thursday 28th March 2019 and our treatment was booked for June 1-12.

Before we go to Spain we have had a lot of paperwork to go over and I have to do a Mock Cycle so they can check how I respond to medication in regards to my lining.

I will say it hasn’t been easy because it is illegal for doctors in Perth to collaborate with Drs overseas so I have had a bit of difficulty getting scripts rewritten and filled. The time difference and communication has been a little frustrating at times but so far I am on track.

My lining was 9mm which they were happy with but for some reason my thyroid has gone crazy so I have had to up my medication for that. We fly out in 2 weeks 🤞🏼

Please feel free to pm me if you want to know anything about the donor egg process and I will update as I can

16. The Following User Says Thank You to alittlebitofadiva For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma (10-05-2019)