+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to add after we had our first baby, I continued to track on Ovia so I knew when our 'safe' days where. I found this method to work for us.

Also you only have to wait 3 months before getting pregnant, if you have your baby early your private health will still cover you as long as your due date is after the wait period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @sarahjane914,

Thank you for this information - I think maybe using Ovia will work to track "safe" days but we'll still be extra careful.

I just spoke with my private health provider and they explained that if the baby is premature I won't be covered so not sure where you got that information from. I'm sure providers can be different so maybe be careful when giving that info. It got me all excited! But if we want to wait until we're covered we'll have to wait until March to start TTC

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie575 View Post
    Yes I think the safest option is unfortunately condoms. My cycles have always been normal but I suppose it's been regulated by the pill for so long. I guess I will stop taking the pill now then to let my body get back to "normal".

Thanks ladies!
    That's definitely the best idea. Your "cycle" on the pill is a fake cycle. The pill forces your body to do what it's doing. Your real cycle can be vastly different, so you'd have to have several natural cycles before you'd know enough about what your body does to even try the rhythm method.

I came off the pill after 15 years and it took 6 months for AF to come for the first time. I went back on it for another 3 years and then it took 4 months For AF to show up again. Just depends on your body.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie575 View Post
    Hi @sarahjane914,

Thank you for this information - I think maybe using Ovia will work to track "safe" days but we'll still be extra careful.

I just spoke with my private health provider and they explained that if the baby is premature I won't be covered so not sure where you got that information from. I'm sure providers can be different so maybe be careful when giving that info. It got me all excited! But if we want to wait until we're covered we'll have to wait until March to start TTC
    Oh bugger, I'm with nib and that's their policy so I thought it must be the same across the board as they told me the only provider that doesn't off that is Teachers Own Fund as their wait period is only 9 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with Medibank and they advised me that it definitely has to be the 12 month period.

I was going to change but when I was comparing health funds they all seemed the same to be honest...it was so overwhelming trying to figure out which one was best.

How did you decide? Are you in VIC?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm in Vic, I had been with nib since I was in my early 20's so just added pregnancy on.

It's hard to know which fund to go with.