ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    St Petersburg was my worst. Beds that were like if a lounge had been gutted and a mattress put in. No screens on the windows and it was stinking hot and the mozzies in St Petersburg are terrible, and aeroguard does nothing! 16 story hotel with something like 400 rooms and out of an elevator bank of 8 elevators only 1 worked. Great on checkout morning with 3 tour groups trying to leave. I had a broken ankle so couldn't do the stairs like everyone else.

Hostel in London was interesting, but not as bad as St Petersburg. Has 5 stars on Trip Advisor, only because if you leave a 5 star review and show them you get free drinks. Only stayed one night, don't think I would've returned if I'd been booked longer!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Share your 'dud accommodation' stories!

Booked 2 nights away for Christmas and Boxing Day north of Perth, the pictures of the place looked gorgeous, two story apartments with beautiful pool. We got there and when we got to our room we realized the pictures were all of the new part of the motel. We were booked into the old run down part (which I didn't realize because there were no pictures of it!) We had a basic brick room, it smelled stale, moist and just generally yuck, we hired a portacot which was stained and dusty. We went to the "restaurant" for dinner which only had about 3 menu items, we ordered pasta which tasted so salty and revolting we stayed one night and when I woke up in on Christmas morning I was so congested with how dusty the place was. So we drove 6 hours home ON. CHRISTMAS. DAY.
    And we have never gone away for Christmas again