+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need other single mum friends :(

Hi Ladies, im a single mum of 3 little ones (6,5&3) and I've recently broken up with my first boyfriend after my marriage breakup and I'm totally lost and so unbelievably down. I don't want to run out and try and replace him with another guy just because I'm lonely.
    I desperately want other single mum friends which i have none of and my other friends are so occupied with their own kids and husbands and just don't understand where i am in life. I have 100% care of my kids so a relationship isn't even an option right now anyway.
    I want to meet someone else in the same boat that can catch up for a coffee or have dinner with or go see a movie with.
    Im so down right now and just want to feel like I'm not alone in this whole single mum thing.
    Im in Melbourne.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not in Melbourne any more, so I can't help you with actually hanging out and catching up..

but I totally know where you're coming from. I'm single with two kids aged 6 and 4. All of my friends are married, so even though they're amazing friends and I love them dearly, they really don't get it..
    hugs, I really hope you find a support network and some great friends to hang out with!

In the mean time, bubhub offers lots of friends who can help support you and offer advice and a virtual shoulder to cry on when life gets hard..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I lived in Melbourne. I would love to have met up with you for a movie and dinner. I'm so sorry you're feeling so down. I hope there are some lovely ladies who see this post and respond. I couldn't read and run.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls! I wish they had dating sites for friends lol.....Life would be so much easier if they did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleMumof3 View Post
    Thanks girls! I wish they had dating sites for friends lol.....Life would be so much easier if they did.
    They kind of do...sign up to Meetup.com and find the Melbourne one....hundreds of groups are on meet up - you might find a single mum's group or you could start your own.

My dh and I joined meetup in Perth to expand our friendship circle before having kids and we've loved it! Good luck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yogis Mumma For This Useful Post:

SingleMumof3  (27-11-2016)