+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Supplements / ways to ward off illness!

I'm after some advice on vitamins or supplements that actually work...or any other tips & tricks to stay healthy. This spring has been horrendous for me when it comes to illness. I know allergies have played a part, and this changeable weather - but DP, DD & I have never been so sick for so long! Colds / chest infections / coughs / tonsillitis / croup, you name it we've just been passing it back and forth to each other like crazy.

Our diets are pretty good (I think! Open to any advice there too). Oats or wholemeal toast for brekkie, salads / sandwiches / wraps for lunch, typical meat & 3 veg for dinner. Fruit, cheese, crackers, yoghurt for snacks. Never have dessert.

I've heard garlic & horseradish capsules are good, but have heard mixed reviews about multivitamins. DD & I take a daily probiotic. Does anyone have anything they swear by to boost the immune system?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Supplements / ways to ward off illness!

Fish oil and we take vitamin c in winter , this is the first winter I didn't buy vitamin C and it's the only time DS has ever caught a cold ( then we both got it!) we eat tons of fruit and veg but you can't really get enough vitamin c ( we aim for 500mg a day , that would be approx 9 servings of fruit and veg every day to achieve - plus it enhances iron absorption) so I swear by that definitely, if anyone at school or around us has a cough or sore throat we all take a spoonful morning and night of Manuka honey and so far so good so again I would recommend that! We eat a lot of garlic, chili , ginger and fresh herbs so I think that all helps as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Olive Leaf Extract - fantastic stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excellent suggestions, thank you! I'd heard of Manuka honey but wasn't sure what it did. Does it taste much different to normal honey (fussy DD)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie46 View Post
    Excellent suggestions, thank you! I'd heard of Manuka honey but wasn't sure what it did. Does it taste much different to normal honey (fussy DD)
    Yes it's got a slightly weird taste, not as sweet as commercial honey but it's doable!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

frankie46  (27-11-2016)