Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Probably working!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We celebrate a European Xmas which has the big celebration on Xmas eve dinner. So we'll be hosting that at our place. Then on Xmas day we're heading to DH's fam for lunch. Kinda works out well as fam stuff never clashes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    We celebrate a European Xmas which has the big celebration on Xmas eve dinner. So we'll be hosting that at our place. Then on Xmas day we're heading to DH's fam for lunch. Kinda works out well as fam stuff never clashes
    We're the same Austrian Christmas Eve with DH family, which we are hosting this year, then lunch Christmas Day with my family at my parents place. (I grew up with the same thing- Euro Christmas Eve with dads side and Christmas Day lunch with mums side).
    We usually spend Christmas Eve day checking out all the Christmas stuff in the city, and watching a Christmas movie if there's one at the cinemas.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mmaf For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (27-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We go to my sisters for Christmas Eve dinner. All the cousins play together and see Santa come round in the fire truck throwing lollies out then we have a seafood dinner and drinks. Then we go home put the kids to bed and wait for them to go to sleep. Love Christmas ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    This will be the first year I am trying the xmas eve box with the kids.
    I have new pj's, bubble wands, a book each and some popcorn for when we watch Home Alone that night.
    We will be at my parents so I will help mum prep for xmas lunch and spend some time at the beach

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those that do a European xmas and celebrate xmas eve what would you normally do on christmas day? Do you open any presents or still celebrate that day or is it all done the night before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Dp and I have a bit of a different Xmas eve tradition of our own starting from our first Christmas together 5 years ago.. we like to watch a good horror flick together once the kids are in bed, lol. Last year it was actually a Xmas horror
    The kids watch the carols or a Christmas movie and we go hang carrots on the trees outside for the reindeer, and leave milk & cookies for santa of course.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do Christmas Eve with DH's family. Usually a dinner, but this year a lunch because it's a Saturday. It means we don't have to travel around as much on Christmas Day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    For those that do a European xmas and celebrate xmas eve what would you normally do on christmas day? Do you open any presents or still celebrate that day or is it all done the night before?
    The big meal is Xmas eve dinner and Saint Nicholas technically comes while you're having dinner and you get presents after dinner and then not much happens Xmas day. But we kinda combine the traditions and Santa comes on Xmas eve night so it's presents on Xmas day morning

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

Purple Poppy  (27-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    We have the big meal Christmas Eve dinner and ChristKindl comes to decorate the tree and leave gifts while the kids go for a walk.
    Then my kids wake up Christmas morning after santa has been and we go to a big lunch at my parents and then sometimes to see other family Christmas evening.

We pretty much spend the whole of December celebrating Christmas- we go and do the Christmas lights walk; the St. Nicolas boot; Krampus; the city Christmas stuff; about 30 movies...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mmaf For This Useful Post:

Purple Poppy  (27-11-2016)