+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for advice everyone.

DH took over kids yesterday & I did my hair, put makeup on to feel 'good' & hit the shops.

Got a few great new items for summer. Picked up bits & pieces for a home mani/pedi. Also got new sunglasses which I feel great in as it hides the tired eyes!

Have booked brows, a de-fuzz & just have to book a hairdresser & makeup consult.

Getting there!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to YeahYeahYeah For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (27-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Copy copy copy.

Copy styles straight out of magazines - if you have a similar haircut to a model - check what earings, a similar outfit - copy the shoes - it's surprising how many times you might have the look but just didnt' think of putting it together that way. Google what clothes you do have, and see how that brand put it together, copy the makeup, the clutch or a shoulder bag?

Celebrities and advertisers pay thousands for professionals to style their clothes, just copy. Pick a celeb that you like their style or have a similar body to - and copy.

Always a must to pack a suitcase, make sure that you have complete outfits sorted before you go and then you know what you're doing, you're put together and on time and feel great.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

YeahYeahYeah  (11-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeahYeah View Post
    Such great advice, thanks girls. A de-fuzz would be wise & facial is such a treat, will book in for those.

Think I'll try a new hairdresser & optimistically hope for the perfect experience. I call my hair mousy blonde if that make sense? But my hair is curly so cuts are tricky. Greys follow my hair line, part & underneath so fairly prolific I would say.

Makeup session is a great idea, I've always wanted to do that.
    @A-Squared, have you seen a stylist? Good/bad? Would love to if its worth it.

Off to exfoliate my lips!
    I haven't but I've been dying to see one. I just can't justify the cost at the moment but I'd love a wardrobe audit so they can help me choose what to keep, what to ditch then what items I need to finish off my wardrobe.

I have a friend who is starting a fashion course next year and she's offered to do this for me, but another reason I haven't is I have a little bit of weight to lose and have some great dresses I would love to fit into again so there's not a lot of point in using her or a 'qualified' stylist just yet.

Maybe Google to see if you can find any review websites that talk about stylists in your area.

Or we can just hope and pray Gok Wan comes to visit Australia again and for us a make over!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

YeahYeahYeah  (11-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    Copy copy copy.

Copy styles straight out of magazines - if you have a similar haircut to a model - check what earings, a similar outfit - copy the shoes - it's surprising how many times you might have the look but just didnt' think of putting it together that way. Google what clothes you do have, and see how that brand put it together, copy the makeup, the clutch or a shoulder bag?

Celebrities and advertisers pay thousands for professionals to style their clothes, just copy. Pick a celeb that you like their style or have a similar body to - and copy.

Always a must to pack a suitcase, make sure that you have complete outfits sorted before you go and then you know what you're doing, you're put together and on time and feel great.
    Sorry I hadn't thanked you @hullahoop, I had banked this information & have managed to put a few outfits together for varying occasions/styles since.

I had NEVER thought to google my current items for inspo! I would usually wander stores checking how the mannequins are dressed though But I mostly shop online these days so miss out on this.

I might try to find myself a celeb crush to follow on Instagram & copy their style as I don't read Womens mags.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was ruthless with my wardrobe recently & threw out (to charity) anything I wasn't 100% keen on wearing again or soon & have since added a few new items. So much easier to put an outfit together now! Also helped to identify the gaps (I.e, no light cardigans, no beach dresses) for things I need.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to YeahYeahYeah For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (12-12-2016)