+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default FTB supp payment not received. Centrelink said def paid but bank said otherwise

Hi all,

I was meant to receive an FTB part A supp payment that centrelink still owed me. The payment was only $330. this is a one off arrears payment (irregular). I received a notification both on my app and mygov website that i'd get paid. But the money was never received in my bank account. On the day I was meant to get paid, I was entitled to two different payments FTB A and FTB B supps, I received the latter, but not the earlier one.

I rang centrelink they advised me to check with the bank and in their system they could see it's definitely been paid to me. and I've never changed my bank account. As I said above, i received the other FTB B Supp payment, but only missing on this one. My regular payment still comes through to the same bank account until this date. I rang my but bank they couldn't see the payment come through. THe bank told me to call centrelink to process it again.

The only proof I could give to centrelink is definitely my account statement. Is it worth enquiring it further with them, although it's not really a big amount. It still helps though.

What should I do?
    Last edited by bunnymum; 24-11-2016 at 13:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would Centrelink again and let them know you've confirmed with your bank that the payment has definitely not arrived in your bank account. Insist that they look into it properly and ensure the payment was processed 100% correctly and ask them to confirm the exact account that the money was banked into.

$330 to me is a large enough amount to warrant trying to chase it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely chase it up. Print out your bank statement showing just the one payment and call Centrelink offering to either email it or take it in to one of their offices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can get an i.d number from Centre link that shows that it went through. That you can give the bank. Otherwise you'd need to upload proof of bank statement that shows you never received it otherwise they won't re-issue it to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to come back again asking similar questions - so I haven't had much progress on this missing payment as I've been busy with work last year and been away throughout Xmas and New Years.

So, when I rang centrelink for the first time asking about the missing payment, the lady said she could definitely see the payment had been processed and she gave me the ID number (like FT1234) to check with my bank as the mistake might have not been from Centrelink's end, but it could be from the bank's end and asked me to sort it out with my bank.

Then I rang my bank but my bank said they couldn't find it using unique ID number, all they could use to search was the exact amount of payment as well as the exact date the payment would approximately go through. The bank lady searched for that payment in the system and they couldn't find it either and she said she couldn't help more as it wasn't definitely in my bank account.

So both bank and centrelink said they had no idea where the payment was. I wonder if that's the case is it worth ringing Family Assistance office again?

There were to types of payments that were supposed to be paid to me on that day one was payment A for $200, and the other was B for $300-ish (i didn't receive the latter), and i think the system got confused with the other one and didn't process it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely go back to Centrelink and offer, no tell them you will be sending copies of your bank statement as proof you did not receive the payment.

I deal with this sort thing all the time at work. By sending your bank statements in as proof, they will be forced to look into things further at their end.

I'm able to lodge forms online through mygov to the Child Support Agency. I would imagine Centrelink have a similar setup on mygov which should enable you lodge the statements online. Else if you are able, go into an office in person and hand the statements in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just call them and tell them you chased up with the bank and it wasn't received. You can show proof of bamk statement that it wasn't received and they will re issue it to you.