+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So, in SA, donors are potentially paid more than they are if they come to Australia, where they're only reimbursed for reasonable expenses?

And if they're actually being paid extra in some other way (however that might work), how does that fit with Australian rules regarding altruistic donation?

Maybe it's just people who want to donate as a known donor?

I'm not critical - just curious. My personal view is that donors should be able to be paid a reasonable amount, not just 'reasonable expenses'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi it skates close to not fitting with Australian altruist donation.

So so much so I would be wanting to get in before the govt shuts it down. That's my fear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Thread Crasher Alert!!!!!...........

Hi Girls................

I've been following along from the sidelines and now that I've finally got the internet up and going again at home, I can come and post in here about the other side of the KD Program.

Up until now, what I've been reading on here and mainly other threads are all the "hearts and flowers" stories of the people that have been successful with the Program and while that's wonderful for all of them, there is the other sign of the coin..those that haven't been successful. I see that none of those women have been represented/talked about or have come forward, so I'm going to tell you of at least 2 women that I know of (one being an extremely dear friend of mine IRL) that have both done the KD Program and both of whom are still struggling with infertility and waiting for their BFFP take home babies after both getting BFN's.

My dear friend does have quite a few leftover frosties, however the other lady didn't get many embryo's at all to begin with so doesn't have many more chances left. My friend also told me the after care following her BFN was non existent which is rather appalling IMO. She had the highest praise for Wazza though.

The reason why I'm posting about this and not her is because she's not on BH but I felt it important to try to present a balanced view. I'm hoping that if there are some other women that may be following along from the sidelines who may not have been successful, they might come forward to tell their stories too so that everyone can see that it isn't always beer and skittles for everyone who does the Program.

I'm not here to pi$$ on anyone's parade, but the sad fact is that donor eggs/embryo's etc do not always mean a BFFP for everybody.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 06-02-2017 at 23:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry but you haven't really said what the problem is. Is it that they didn't get a BFP on the first try? They say the success rate is 60% so I don't think anyone is under the assumption that it's going to work first time for everyone. I was given a 1% chance with my own eggs so I'm hoping for better odds than that but it still may not work and that's the rollercoaster of IVF and I think we have all been on this stupid ride long enough to understand nothing is guaranteed with IVF.
    I have never received any follow up post a BFN so I don't think this is unheard of.
    You said they have other embryos left? Is there a problem with their quality or were they expecting more numbers?
    I think the "hearts and flowers" you speak of is us trying to be supportive of each other while going through this process.
    Maybe you need to be more specific of the problem?

Did everyone else get the e mail explaining the options for visas.
    I think I like it but will see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Thread Crasher Alert!!!!!...........

Hi Girls................

I've been following along from the sidelines and now that I've finally got the internet up and going again at home, I can come and post in here about the other side of the KD Program.

Up until now, what I've been reading on here and mainly other threads are all the "hearts and flowers" stories of the people that have been successful with the Program and while that's wonderful for all of them, there is the other sign of the coin..those that haven't been successful. I see that none of those women have been represented/talked about or have come forward, so I'm going to tell you of at least 2 women that I know of (one being an extremely dear friend of mine IRL) that have both done the KD Program and both of whom are still struggling with infertility and waiting for their BFFP take home babies after both getting BFN's.

My dear friend does have quite a few leftover frosties, however the other lady didn't get many embryo's at all to begin with so doesn't have many more chances left. My friend also told me the after care following her BFN was non existent which is rather appalling IMO. She had the highest praise for Wazza though.

The reason why I'm posting about this and not her is because she's not on BH but I felt it important to try to present a balanced view. I'm hoping that if there are some other women that may be following along from the sidelines who may not have been successful, they might come forward to tell their stories too so that everyone can see that it isn't always beer and skittles for everyone who does the Program.

I'm not here to pi$$ on anyone's parade, but the sad fact is that donor eggs/embryo's etc do not always mean a BFFP for everybody.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree that in some cases... Even using donor eggs it may not work if you do not get many embryos or have other underlying fertility issues. Add to the fact that you run out of steam to stay on the ivf train or run out of money to try again.

In my case.. My first donor was a dud..low embryo numbers and mc on second try prob due to abnormalities.. Second donor much better and currently 13.5 wks pregnant.. But I didn't have any other fertility issues except old eggs. I too met other women is the SA thread who had sadly given up after repeated fails despite using donor eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BIB im not thinking that this is the be all and end all to getting a second sibling. Im just hoping like anyone else.

My chances are increased yes, but its still a lottery so to speak. Im willing to take that chance just once.

im not interested in getting into a debate but I think if there are underlying infertility issues on the part of the female, then that makes things a little more difficult. Than if its a sperm issue. Other than age related horrible crappy eggs Im fine.

And for the girls still awaiting your donor to come. I just had my skype with Dr salisbury, he mentioned the hold up on your donors is due to the Australian Govt. Dumb a$$e$ trying to make it harder!! He suggested to get in rather than later.

Its as I thought. Dumb A$$ govt trying to make things harder for us.

I hope your donors get their visa approved soon.

mysticfalls.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MysticFalls For This Useful Post:

keegan  (07-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Guess the hold up with the visas is still a work in progress for you girls that are waiting. grrrr.

My doctor refused to sign the forms because it has huge implication on my financial means when im older and blah blah blah blah blah. Huge implications and falsifying forms with claims to the govt. Jesus F*ckng christ all i want is my super to finish my family are you that thick Dumb a$$ doctor.

Anyways got another appointment with another doctor who said they have no problem filling out the forms, on thursday.

Sorry for the language im just frustrated

mysticfalls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still waiting mystic

We would much prefer to wait then travel to Malaysia that's for sure!

What a bummer about your GP, so bloody annoying! Hoping you have much better luck with a different GP.

All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    **** the program is now being offered in Malaysia!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Supercare is now saying that we may not be covered for doing this now that they are having the egg pick ups OS. Thinking I may have to start looking at other options. Just don't know if there are any other options left in AU.

Hope everyone is having better luck than me.