+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We my lining is 8mm, but I'm worried about the growth spurt overnight.. My trigger is Monday but I think it needs to be tomorrow.. Of course my FS won't respond to my urgent phone calls... I'm worried my follicles will be over cooked by Monday..

Yesterday they were: 6, 6, 7, 7, 8, 11, 13, 14, 14 and today they are 7, 7, 8, 8, 12, 13, 15, 16, 19.

If they grow for another two days, they're going to be bigger than 22mm... There's a guy in the USA on google that says: "The timing of the trigger shot to initiate meiosis: This should coincide with the majority of ovarian follicles being >15 mm in mean diameter with several follicles having reached 18-22 mm. Follicles of larger than 22 mm will usually harbor overdeveloped eggs which in turn will usually fail to produce good quality eggs. Conversely, follicles less than 15 mm will usually harbor underdeveloped eggs that are more likely to be aneuploid and incompetent following the trigger."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, can I join you all? I just found this forum.

I have low AMH and high FSH, I'm a poor responder. When I did IVF at 31 I only got 6 follies. When I eventually went back at 38 after waiting years for Mr Right to show up then another year on a donor waiting list before finding my own, I had two cycles where despite high doses of meds I did not grow one single follie.

I was told I'd never produce my own eggs and it was donor or nothing. I changed clinics and Drs and on a new protocol got two little embies, one of which is tucked back in right now Who knows about the quality.

Look forward to 'meeting' you all and good luck to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Jellyblush! Yes of course you can join hun!! The more the merrier I say! We needed our own club! Lol

So I have low AMH and high FSH too. What is your day 3 FSH level? Mine is 10.5. My AMH is 5.

It seems for us poor responders with high FSH, the estrogen primed antagonist protocol is the best, bcos it's the only one that tricks our body into reducing the amount of FSH that is produced.. Have you ever tried that protocol? The egg quality is improved because the follicles grow in a more estrogenised environment rather than an androgenised environment which women with high FSH tend to have..

I really hope this one you have on board takes hun! My fingers are crossed for you! Is it a day 3 or day 5 embie?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!! It's nice to have somewhere to chat where I don't feel depressed because my response is so low!

I have AMH of 4 and FSH of 15.4 last cycle, it bounces around between 10 and 18 each month.

When I think about that I could cry remembering all my efforts to not get pregnant throughout my 20's.

Thanks for the info! What is that protocol exactly? I never know the names, but I remember the steps. The one I'm doing now is Letrozol tablets from day 1, big shot of Elonva on day 2, five shots of Luveris from day 3, then Puregon 350 for another few days, then trigger. I take melatonin too. Is that similar to what you do?

It's a day 3 on board, with only 2 I wasn't game to try to go to day 5 - but I am white-knuckling it to Monday/Day 5 with the other one, fingers crossed for a blastie to freeze.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyblush View Post
    Thank you!! It's nice to have somewhere to chat where I don't feel depressed because my response is so low!

I have AMH of 4 and FSH of 15.4 last cycle, it bounces around between 10 and 18 each month.

When I think about that I could cry remembering all my efforts to not get pregnant throughout my 20's.

Thanks for the info! What is that protocol exactly? I never know the names, but I remember the steps. The one I'm doing now is Letrozol tablets from day 1, big shot of Elonva on day 2, five shots of Luveris from day 3, then Puregon 350 for another few days, then trigger. I take melatonin too. Is that similar to what you do?

It's a day 3 on board, with only 2 I wasn't game to try to go to day 5 - but I am white-knuckling it to Monday/Day 5 with the other one, fingers crossed for a blastie to freeze.
    You are so welcome hun! Chat away!! We're very supportive here! We are all poor responders who understand what it's like not to respond.. We don't judge and as you have seen, a lot of us have been successful even with the lowest AMH scores!! Everyone here has given me so much hope!! I believe with tenacity and determination (and a wad of cash if you aren't using a bulk bill or low cost clinic) we will get our babies!!! It's my first go, but I only just started so not giving up yet!

Have you noticed your cycles improve when your FSH is 10 and not 15.8? Or are they all the same?

So this protocol is about you taking estrogen between days 21-28 of your cycle (if you have a 28 day cycle) or earlier if you have a shorter one, so that the FSH doesn't work too hard. It tricks the body into thinking that enough FSH is being produced. You will have noticed that in some cycle when you have a cyst, your estrogen is a bit high which can give you an inaccurate FSH reading, so by supplementing you with estrogen, your body thinks FSH is already being produced and doesn't produce anymore.. Also, the estrogen provides a lovely environment for your follicles to grow.. Here is the pubmed article explaining it: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22160464/

Have a read of that. I'm mid cycle now, but I'll be going asking for this protocol next cycle. From what I've read, there are a lot of poor responders who do so well on this protocol and it seems to be the popular one for poor responders in the USA.

If this doesn't work, there's a variation article out there that talks about adding estrogen, then adding an GnRH antagonist straight after, then stopping said GnRH and stimming then adding GnRH antagonist again when the lead follicle is over 14mm.. Apparently those who did not respond to the estrogen primed antagonist protocol responded positively to the varied protocol and the quality was much better!!

I wish FS were more progressive in this country.. They seem to know what they're doing in the USA when approached by a poor responder!!

I was given 450 Gonal f and 2 x 75 Luveris plus I also take synarel. I have never heard of that protocol you're on.. What do you do on that protocol? For me, I take synarel on day 17 then on day 3 I start Gonal f and Luveris and then I do a synarel + pregnyl trigger... What do you do on your protocol?

Yes, I take melatonin too, but just started that this cycle. What dose do you take? I take 5mg.

My fingers are crossed for both your day 3 embryo on board and your day 5 embryo still growing. Have they been giving you updates on your day 5 embie or do you ring and find out on day 5?

I really have my fingers crossed for you.. It would be nice for a successful cycle so you can enjoy the festive season. Hoping your updates are good ones hun!

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome jellyblush,

My AMH is 1.1 and I just did an iui instead of IVF as I only had 4 follicles.

Got AF like pain early hours of the morning which can mean AF is on her way or embie implanted. Who knows! More than likely AF though.

My next step is donor eggs. So don't feel sorry for me ok.

Mysticfalls

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MysticFalls - isn't it a bit early for AF pains?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome!
    @MysticFalls 4 follies sounds ok for an IUI? I wonder why they didn't do a collection - my plan says they'll collect for 2 follies - all FS are different I guess.
    @Fairyfloss I take 4mg melatonin - omg I love the stuff! Will be sorry to give it up if IVF works out - I was never so good at walking in the morning, now I wake easily and really rested.

Estogen priming sounds interesting! I will ask my FS if this cycle doesn't work out. I have to say I don't have high hopes after being told donor eggs only so many times (2nd and 3rd opinion!). Because my Day 3 was Friday and the clinic is closed on the weekend, I have to wait till Monday for any update so it has been a nervous weekend!

I'm sorry you're on Synarel! That stuff was the devil, I did a long down reg cycle with it once and turned mean as a rattlesnake! How are you finding it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jellyblush - I feel like a lot of FS just don't want to try with us older women or women with low AMH because they just don't know what to do, so they immediately start the donor egg BS.. I truly believe from all the stories that it can happen, it just depends on the cash flow.. I will not give up.. I've only just started, maybe I will reconsider my position after 20 cycles tho lol

I find the melatonin doesn't do much for me.. I can sleep with or without it lol. Are you saying it makes it easier to wake up on it?

Definitely look at that protocol and definitely ask for it. I will be asking for it on my next round!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JellyBlush,

I did IUI because i only had four follicles. 2 lead, 1 in the middle and the last one not even close! I would never do IVF for anything less than 6-8 follicles. Im not a gambling woman at all and this IVF thing is a gamble. I wasn't willing to use $13,000 to gamble on just 2 follicles. When the return is very low (rebate) only $4,000!

I don't know if you read before my AMH is only 1.1 and the chances are very low! I got my FS to agree to one IUI because he knows Im realistic. I told him I just want one go and then it will be donor eggs for me. He was happy with that and so am I.

He stated he wishes all women were as realistic as me. He said he sees it. The women that come in month after month, thinking we are not doing our best to get them pregnant, cause we are but its hard. He said would you get on a boat with a hole in the side and still expect to get to your destination? Same thing applies here. We see these women wanting to try every protocol or change clinics because said clinic hasn't gotten them pregnant. When its not the protocol or the clinic its just the facts. He said a female with an AMH of less than 4 has a 5% chance of falling pregnant and keeping a baby to term. The figures of keeping a baby to term or close to term is 1.1% So whilst some may fall pregnant its due to the older eggs that mean that pregnancy does not come to term. Ie miscarry. They think this has to do with chromosomal issues which present itself in older ladies more so than younger.

He stated that using donor eggs will increase the chance of a take home baby to between 50%-70% depending on whether its a female infertility or a male infertilty. It hasn't got much to do with the carrier (female uterus) but the age of the eggs thats the key. So thats a gamble of $30,000 without rebate that im willing to gamble with.

He said its saddens him when women come in expecting a different result with different protocols or change clinics and keep doing this time after time. He said he knows their best possible chance is donor eggs but some just don't want to hear it or flat out refuse.

He stated as in your case you have used donor sperm and it doesn't make it any less both your daughter and now your considering donor egg and sperm. This will give you the best possible chance. And I stated i know and am fully aware Doctor thats why we are going egg and sperm donor if this IUI doesn't work.

As well as our sperm donor was only available for one IUI ONLY!! Dont think doctor was aware of that. We got permission for one IUI ONLY from the donor team. I just wanted one chance, im not going 20plus cycles for less than 5% chance no way.

So fairyfloss it may be hard to come to terms with it, but they are not BSing us with the donor egg thing. They are giving us the facts and being real about it.

The govt are currently looking at how many cycles a lady can have with the cheaper govt funded clinics to having only 5-6 goes. And rebating only 5-6 cycles of the expensive IVF clinics. The rest you will have to pay for. They are also currently looking at how IVF clinics report pregnancy rates. Somewhere someone has told the govt that if a woman does not get pregnant in her first 5-6 cycles the chances they will ever is slim. I have seen it but i will admit it is slim. I have seen people that have gone 18+ cycles before take home baby.

Just food for thought.