+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @dani251 - thank you so much for that info!!!!! I'm starting to see that AMH really is not a predictor of much!!! AMH of 9 and she got 30 follies?? They told me that that would be unheard of!!!!! So what does the antagonist cycle involve? Is that where they start you on stimulation on day 2 of your period and then a few days later give you an injection to stop you from ovulating early? Do you know the name of the ovulation inhibitor?
    Wow, I did not know that about lucrin! I love all the info you're giving me, you're super helpful!!
    I take it the clinic in Canberra is not a big one that they have them everywhere?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No problem! No just a fertility clinic local to Canberra..
    I can't remember offhand the ovulation blocker I'm afraid. But that's the one - they started her on meds at day two and we had egg collection on i think day 12 or so..
    She certainly had a lot of follies coming up but bear in mind, not all enlarging follies will have have an egg in them and in the end we only got 2 blastos. We had to seriously consider doing another cycle but we've decided that's enough. I guess everyone responds differently but I agree with you - AMH is only one item in a broad spectrum of variables xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    So true. Many thanks darling @dani251! Was it one of those 5 day embryos that you're currently carrying?? You guys didn't consider PGD did you?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fairyfloss7676 For This Useful Post:

dani251  (25-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We seem to do things all at once, hehe! So I am carrying my egg from my iui in April. Meanwhile partner did her IVF cycle in October. We felt better to get it done and get those frosties stored away!
    I will be carrying our second in a couple of years with those precious blastos, with any luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We didn't do the PGD - it was never really discussed at the clinic..

Thanks
    Reviews
    @dani251 - your partner gives me hope! Good luck with the pregnancy and keep us updated on the bub!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fairyfloss7676 For This Useful Post:

dani251  (25-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ovaries hurt a little last night so hopefully some action in the follicle department.

Did you all have any what I call pinging?

Mysticfalls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticFalls View Post
    My ovaries hurt a little last night so hopefully some action in the follicle department.

Did you all have any what I call pinging?

Mysticfalls
    I'm day 6 of stims today and I don't feel any pinging or painful ovaries. My FS told me that painful ovaries suggests a lot of follicle action. She said if I didn't have pinging, it's likely I don't have many follicles. Another girl was saying she had painful ovaries and went to scan and found 30 follicles!!
    So yes, painful ovaries and pinging is a good sign!! How many days have you been stimming??

Thanks
    Reviews
    @fairyfloss7676 yes OI stands for ovulation induction I ovulate on my own too, but I basically had a trigger injection to help things along. I took estrogen and progesterone during the cycle as well. Apparently estrogen priming can help bring FSH (which can help with IVF) down for the next cycle, but miraculously I didn't need another cycle.

I was alsoon a regime of clexane, asprin, and intralipids but these were for other issues.

In terms of egg quality I took quite a few supplements to try and boost quality. coq10 was one I distinctly remember. Others were Royal jelly and wheat grass...I also had acupuncture. Not sure if they actually did specifically help with egg quality but I have no doubt they improved my general health which is always a good thing!

Best of luck with everything! I hope you get your bfp soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fairyfloss7676,

woohoo yay pinging means follicle action. I hope so. I forget what day im up to. omg im so forgetful. day 11 or 12 for me. Its been very minimal pinging until last night and this morning.

I need a note to remind me to remember things and another note to remind me to write things down. I know tattoo the insides of my eye lids.

Mysticfalls