+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low AMH club

There's a lot of chatter about AMH on a lot of the forums. Mine is 5.2, i'm 41 in Jan and I just started IVF!

I've seen women succeed with IVF with a lower AMH, so hoping I, too, am successful!

What's your AMH and did IVF work for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    fairyfloss7676,

great idea for the low amh club!!! to any fellow joiners.

yours is higher than mine. Im 1.1 and 43yrs old trying for sibling. Ran out of money to try earlier and now i have run out of eggs maybe.

I have seen success at 1.1 not many but i have. i have seen highly fragmented one work and succeed with a normal baby.

I have seen some research as to PGD and some eggs that may have been discarded as PGD abnormal actually go on to correct themselves later. I wonder how many women using PGD and have had embies discarded due to abnormal but could have gone on to have children had they not been discarded. (american research).

super idea for the club fairyfloss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had low AMH of 3 at 28 years old... We had been ttc for years before finding out. We went to proceed with IVF but the cycle was cancelled as my FSH sky rocketed on that particular cycle and was outside clinic acceptance levels. We switched to an OI cycle instead and 3 weeks later I was holding a bfp. Now I am holding a 5 month old

I have heard so many success stories with low amh, and my DD is proof that the numbers are not the be all and end all. Wishing you all the very best with your journey!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Patience86 For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (14-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was 1.1 at the age of 36. Tried ivf but was a very poor responder. Coupled with low AMH I had high FSH so FS wrote me off saying I had the egg quality and quantity of a 45 year old and there was basically little hope. Despite all that I ended up falling pregnant naturally at 37 and now have a beautiful baby girl who is 17 months old. Miracles can happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome beautiful women with low AMH!! so hard @MysticFalls!! I thought it was about time we all came together! It was the one group I could not locate on here and was surprised it didn't have its own thread lol.

I absolutely love your positive stories! I have so much joy for all of you and you give others so much hope, so thank you for taking the time to respond!
    @MysticFalls - that is very interesting about PGD.. In fact, because of your post I'm rethinking having any of mine tested.....
    @Patience86 - I have read that a low AMH in your 20s/early 30s suggests low reserve, but not necessarily bad quality, which you are proof of!! You'll have to forgive me, but what does "OI" stand for? Is it ovulation induction? Can you tell me more about this? Sadly, I ovulate on my own, so it probably won't work for me, but I am older so I have to expect I will have a lot of poor quality eggs, which I am hoping IVF does not make worse!!

Thank you for sharing your story! It makes me feel so much better!!!!
    @Furmumma - you're also another example of hope!! Sometimes I wonder whether IVF damages the eggs in the process. I will have to keep trying naturally in between cycles to see if this works.

You all mentioned high FSH day 3 levels. Mine is about 11, is that the same as your FSH levels on day 3?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fairyfloss7676 For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just came across this article for poor responders for low AMH. I often wonder if protocol plays a big part in egg quality for us poor responders: http://ivfmd.net/fertility-treatment...nist-protocol/

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fairyfloss7676 For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (29-11-2016),Waiting to exhale  (30-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was 1 at 31 years old. Interestingly it came back at 6 this year when we went back to try for #2. This makes me a bit skeptical of the test itself!
    We had 2 unsuccessful IVF attempts with the first clinic (they didn't even check AMH), the second clinic threw the kitchen sink at us & we had success - DD is 2.5. We went back and we were astonished to have success with our first FET, DS is 6 weeks old.
    I believe the right IVF protocol can make a big difference. We used estrogen & DHEA 6 weeks before the cycle, Elonva & Luveris for our successful cycle.
    Best of luck ladies, I wish you a short, successful IVF journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fairyfloss7676 View Post

You all mentioned high FSH day 3 levels. Mine is about 11, is that the same as your FSH levels on day 3?
    @fairyfloss7676 my FSH went from between 16- 19 each month. My FS said not to bother cycling unless it was 12 or under but I know some dr's will try if it's 15 or under.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @rosey82 - I recall an article about the 'egg timer' test being inaccurate and having to be pulled off the market a few years ago. They apparently have since changed the assay and suddenly AMH levels increased it's not a cheap test either! But you're right, it makes you very cynical of the test itself..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to fairyfloss7676 For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (24-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    Mine was 1 at 31 years old. Interestingly it came back at 6 this year when we went back to try for #2. This makes me a bit skeptical of the test itself!
    We had 2 unsuccessful IVF attempts with the first clinic (they didn't even check AMH), the second clinic threw the kitchen sink at us & we had success - DD is 2.5. We went back and we were astonished to have success with our first FET, DS is 6 weeks old.
    I believe the right IVF protocol can make a big difference. We used estrogen & DHEA 6 weeks before the cycle, Elonva & Luveris for our successful cycle.
    Best of luck ladies, I wish you a short, successful IVF journey.
    I am so happy you had a great result! That's wonderful! And you have a pigeon pair too, how lovely

Yes I often wonder whether the protocol can damage the eggs in the process. I saw one FS who believed this and then recommended we do IUI or just try naturally, but we have been for 2 years! He was a dreadful FS, very rude, so we didn't go with him.

Can I ask when you stopped DHEA before you started your IVF cycle? Was it the first day of stims or did you take them during stimulation?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to fairyfloss7676 For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (24-11-2016)