+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I'm an environmental scientist and earn $80K pa for 22 hrs per week. Two jobs ago I was on $400k pa... those were the days haha. Don't think I'll ever see that kind of money again.
    Holly $$$ I'm an envio also and only managed to crack $130

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Holly $$$ I'm an envio also and only managed to crack $130
    Haha yes it was in the peak of the boom working FIFO overseas in a dangerous place under crappy conditions. $130 is more realistic! That's what my FTE is now but I'm working part time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (22-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When not on Mat leave I'm in retail fashion, nothing exciting but I enjoy what I do. $40k I also used to be a travel agent and that was more money more hours more stress and not child friendly hours. DP is self employed as a tradie this year he did $75k it would of been a hell of a lot higher but someone has refused to pay their bills to us and it's going to go through court so we can re-coup some funds. I also do the book keeping but at this stage I don't get paid but I will from feb onwards

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I work in marketing. My 1.0 FTE is $67k but I currently only work 0.6 FTE

Eta just read your original post, I'm in a Uni too, so you must be the same level as me as we have the same pay.

I actually think for what we do, we get paid pretty well, but in today's money, I really could earn more. I also don't enjoy my job but the flexibility coupled with my 300+ hours of sick leave, 230 hours of long service leave and 150 hours of annual leave more than makes up for the wage.
    Yes totally agree ! The perks are great.. plus 9 months full pay maternity leave is hard to beat
    My fte wage is $83K, $67K is pro rata 4 days but in reality I still work a full-time workload on 0.8

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy79 View Post
    Yes totally agree ! The perks are great.. plus 9 months full pay maternity leave is hard to beat
    My fte wage is $83K, $67K is pro rata 4 days but in reality I still work a full-time workload on 0.8
    You get 9 months paid mat leave ? !? Wow!

Women must be having babies all the time at your work !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I come from contracts admin where I was earning $75k full time (entry level position), but decided to take a minimum wage casual role within the company so I could be closer to home during my pregnancy. I'm now on maternity leave and consider myself a SAHM though technically I'm still on the books.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow that is some amazing numbers out there, make me feel sad that I don't earn as much but wouldn't trade my job for the world. I only work retail but the people I work with are amazing. I'm an assistant manager full time 38 hrs pw earning around $42k plus sales bonus. DP earn't more then that last year but has two jobs currently (both part time)
    I do some clothing alterations on the side when I have time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently a support worker with children in emergency care - working for a non profit. It's hard to say what I earn - I am casual, work inconsistent shifts of varying length (though usually 7.25 hours), and how many shifts I do varies. Usually 2, but sometimes 1 or 3.

FTE I'd earn maybe $70k, but that's shift work with casual conditions (no paid leave etc.).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a lawyer. I earn $200k a year. But the hours are long and the job is stressful, especially now I have kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hollypolly View Post
    I'm a lawyer. I earn $200k a year. But the hours are long and the job is stressful, especially now I have kids.
    Is it worth it? xx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast