+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Chatting with other IVF-ers in real life

Just wondering has anyone met each other?

A woman from my daughters school has tried to chat to me about but it's a bit over bearing in nature.

Giving me well not giving me rather telling me to go to Newcastle and then the Ukraine if that doesn't work.

I'm shocked! At how over bearing it was.

Great you've had success there but ummm our clinic is in Sydney and donor. And our next step is donor eggs in one of two ways. Not sure yet which one.

Perhaps it's me cycling ATM but I wanted so much to say FEK OFF. You do things your way and I will do them my way.

I have met two others one from this site who were both lovely.

Both 43. With own eggs had babies. Amaze balls woman.

Mysticfalls

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I haven't. I'm fairly socially isolated ATM due to not wanting to talk about anything really to anyone about how I'm feeling or what I'm doing with ivf. I'm off fakebook too because it drives me batty! I don't want others advice or opinions so no, I don't share with anybody except for one friend who's much older than me. But, she hasn't been through it..so it's hard...but I have made it that way by being private about it all.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

nettz84  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend and I have actually recently started a support group/ community for people going through infertility and IVF and we held our first meet up in Sydney last weekend. I find it really helps me to be able to speak to others in person who are going through the same thing.

I like to surround myself with positive and supportive people but not pushy people, so avoid people that are a bit too overbearing!

We are holding another meet up in Sydney in December, if you're keen to find out more let me know, happy to share the details (but in no way want to push anything on anyone).

A bit about me - I'm just about to start my Third frozen transfer cycle next week. I'm 33, have pcos and hubby has low sperm mobility, we've been trying for 3 years

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marn83 For This Useful Post:

amywillo86  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have spoken in real life to those who have done IVF (and been successful) but no one who is actually doing it at the same time as me. The thing that frustrates me is that those I have spoken to in real life who have had success after just a couple of cycles try and give me advice as though their success makes them more of an expert on the topic. I appreciate people trying to assist but it is more the tone that has bothered me.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

nettz84  (19-11-2016),Tinachris  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Marn83 View Post
    My friend and I have actually recently started a support group/ community for people going through infertility and IVF and we held our first meet up in Sydney last weekend. I find it really helps me to be able to speak to others in person who are going through the same thing.

I like to surround myself with positive and supportive people but not pushy people, so avoid people that are a bit too overbearing!

We are holding another meet up in Sydney in December, if you're keen to find out more let me know, happy to share the details (but in no way want to push anything on anyone).

A bit about me - I'm just about to start my Third frozen transfer cycle next week. I'm 33, have pcos and hubby has low sperm mobility, we've been trying for 3 years
    I would be keen to know the details if that's okay? I am from Sydney going through my first IVF that isn't going so well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ShannyAnny yeah you're right actually. Joining a group would mean I would have to find people in that group who didn't get pregnant the first few cycles as they are in a different headspace and would have a totally different mindset about it to me. I'd be sitting with the still trying after ten cycles group rocking in a corner (no im not doing that many cycles but you know what I mean!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tinachris yes hun I would get frustrated with you hun if I joined a group and everyone else moved on after success and left me as the only one left supporting the newbies who quickly graduate also before me. We are in the same head space hun big hugs x

I have met a few BH ivf's in real life through my cycles. Usually ladies who cycle with my fs Warren whether it be for a coffee or whilst at the hospital for epu etc. I have met some lovely ladies who I have found very supportive and it is nice to talk to someone openly about all this as we haven't told many people in real life.

As for the situation you mention @MysticFalls if you dont feel comfortable and this lady is over bearing about it all I definitely say stay well clear, you have to feel comfortable.
    I met a mum at DD school, our DD's are very good friends. We started meeting up for coffee and generally catching up. Through our discussions it became clear we were both going through fertility issues so I opened up to her, one of the only people I have spoken to it about in real life. I am so glad I did she has been a rock to me and my biggest support person, couldn't do this without her.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    [I'd be sitting with the still trying after ten cycles group rocking in a corner (no im not doing that many cycles but you know what I mean!)
    Considering I am up to six stims as well as another six FET's I will definitely be rocking with you in the corner! I think the IVF experience is different for everyone and there is a big difference between those who have success early on, those who take a lot longer and those who don't have success with IVF.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well the 3 of us can rock together @Tinachris and @ShannyAnny its definitely hard x

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

ShannyAnny  (19-11-2016),Tinachris  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @amywillo86, the name of our support group is Together we wait. We are having a dinner on Thursday 8th December at 6.30pm in Sydney CBD. We have a Facebook page, Instagram account and website all under the name of the group. Even if you aren't free on the 8th to come to the dinner, please feel free to get in touch, both my friend and I are always happy to catch up with others as we know first hand how much the support helps. You can email us at contactus@togetherwewait.com.au to rsvp for the event or to arrange another time to meet up xx