ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    My appointment went better than expected Warren definitely thinks I have an egg issue but he didn't push the donor eggs as much as I expected. He also said it could be a sperm issue or the fact we make ****ty chromosomal embryos which he has always said.

We discussed our 3 main issues which I thought where lots of immature eggs, bad egg quality and low progesterone. As it turns out Warren is not too concerned with my progesterone levels or immature eggs he said we are getting enough mature eggs and he would avoid coasting as I researched through DR Sher as it may cause a big drop off.

So the plan we are going for is believe it or not an IUI cycle before Christmas just because we can fit one in and it wont cost us too much, our chances are very low but we are giving it a go.

Warren has also referred me to an endocrinologist who I will try and get an appointment with asap, hoping he can get my hormones in check and improve results in the new year, yes I am after a miracle worker ������.

In the new year I then plan on having a laparoscopy to check out what is going on along with a lipodal flush and scratch. Whilst he is in there Warren will also do ovarian drilling to hopefully improve results. I am willing to try anything and I am glad all boxes are being checked before another full IVF cycle. We will then try an antagonist cycle which I have never done before, happy to try something new.

We are very happy with today's appointment Warren took so much time with us and he spoke through all options.

Apologies to you too Luv for not making it back yesterday...

Well... you sound so much happier/more hopeful now you've been to see him and why wouldn't you hey???

You've got a few new plans of action there to try and I'm not surprised he knows an Endocrinologist to send you to that will work in tandem with him The Lap can't hurt and I've heard of the ovarian drilling before too. Yep...he's turning over all the stones for you Luv and that's what you want!!!

Trying the flare protocol is also worth a go if you haven't done it before even though there will always be the nay-sayers of the protocol for older women etc..sometimes it is about trying the things you haven't tried before just to strike them off the list..same as the IUI. I had the flush/scratch done myself...the flush and scratchx1 on Cycle 4 and then just the Endo Scratch on its own again for Cycle 5. Load the fruck up on painkillers if you're not having it done when you're under getting the Lap done is my advice!!!

The odds are there to be beaten Luv, and occasionally it happens so I'll be and praying up a storm it happens for you!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 29-11-2016 at 07:03.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (29-11-2016),Heyside  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside - that all sounds very positive. I did all antagonist cycles. I don't have PCOS but certainly had chromosomally crappy eggs. Yours couldn't be any worse than mine!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (29-11-2016),Heyside  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia - my FS recommended I stop at 3 cycles in my search for the golden egg at 42. It was probably good advice as I had collected a lot of eggs, tested 5 and got none normal so on the stats it looked pretty grim. However I said I wanted to do one more squeezed in before I turned 43 and of course that was the one where I got the one golden egg. FS supported me with the 4th cycle only because I get lots of eggs. He said he wouldn't have if I'd been getting 3 or 4 eggs at retrieval.

I would definitely have drawn the line at 4 cycles and was at peace with that decision. Im not sure how many OE you've done but you know yourself when to call it a day on OE cycles. Nothing my FS said would have really influenced me as I had to make up my mind for myself.

Good luck with your decision.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (29-11-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-11-2016),Blossom74  (29-11-2016),Phia  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Phia

That's why we are doing iui today and not IVF.

Then that money can go towards DE cycle and house deposit.

Good luck in whatever you decide. Will pm you when I'm near computer.

Mysticfalls

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MysticFalls For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (29-11-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-11-2016),Blossom74  (29-11-2016),Phia  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @MysticFalls - Good luck with your IUI hun really hoping it does the trick for you and you don't need to think about next steps but its nice to have a plan b in the back of your mind so you know where you are going.
    @Phia - Great to hear you are feeling better with your new plan hun. Its always a relief to have next steps in place isn't it, that's how I felt yesterday. Hoping to get in with the endocrinologist asap so will fill you in with how it goes and yes they can do anything to me if it helps so bring on the drill 😂, (the things we put ourselves through). Hopefully the new plans helpd us both x
    @BlondeinBrisvegas - Oh hun the PMS sux doesn't it hope things have improved for you overnight. Thanks hun yes I feel happier with a few things planned, happy to tick the boxes. I am luckily having the scratch done at the same time as the lap so with get a one stop shop service with everything done at once while hes in there 😆.

Thanks everyone for your positive thoughts for my new plan happy to test out everything before we move on with another fully stimulated cycle.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (29-11-2016),Phia  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all... I haven't been able to read the thread but have managed to pop in to update. Sunday (my birthday) I had to go emergency with cramping and bleeding. They have admitted me to wait for the inevitable miscarriage. I am just 17 weeks today. My cervix has opened and one twins sac is hanging out. The bleeding and cramping has stopped for now...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skeeter For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (29-11-2016),Blossom74  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heyside.

I'm having a fun time with the nurses. They say iui will depend on my blood test. Get knicked we have paid for accommodation and organised everything.

Hubby put his foot down! Said regardless of BT we are doing it.

We are with IVF Australia. They said they aren't allowed to give out medications anymore and we will have to pay for our pessaries. Is that true???

Last time I cycled it was given to me.

Thank you
    Mysticfalls

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MysticFalls For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs skeeter!!!!

Oh Hun how horrible!!!!!!!!!

I'm so so so very sorry for you to find yourself in this circumstance!!!

Gigantic hugs

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MysticFalls For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
    Hey all... I haven't been able to read the thread but have managed to pop in to update. Sunday (my birthday) I had to go emergency with cramping and bleeding. They have admitted me to wait for the inevitable miscarriage. I am just 17 weeks today. My cervix has opened and one twins sac is hanging out. The bleeding and cramping has stopped for now...
    Oh fruck no Luv!!! I'm so very sorry!!! (((Hugs)))...Is it too late to stop it...to put a stitch in & try to save the other twin...or both??

Oh this is just so frucking cruel & unfair on you all Luv!!!😢😢😢 Thinking of youxoxo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 29-11-2016 at 11:23.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (29-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh @skeeter, I'm so sorry That is truly awful.