ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 65 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Heyside!! Mostly older age is issue but also can't try naturally as hubby has vasectomy so ivf our only way. Have had 8 cycles, 5 transfers (we banked a few rounds)...

Just heard mixed things on higher stims not necessarily being a good thing, especially as egg quality declines.

I've responded pretty much the same whether it's 300 or 450...mostly get about 6-8 eggs but have got less or more a couple times.

The dose is the same for everyone else I know over about 39...but I'd love to hear if that's not the case!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mummanow For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (23-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi everyone ,

Today I'm on CD12 and I'm taking Scitropin growth hormone and I'm feeling really bloated. Is this normal? I feel like I'm pregnant hahaha.
    This time next week I'm booked into having a hysteroscopy / EB / Lipoidal Flush and NK Cells test.
    I can't believe how fast time is going .
    I did something really stupid the other night.... I accidently left the scitropin growth hormone on the lounge the whole day and saw it the following night.... I used a new one from the fridge and threw the used one in the bin (in the kitchen) and the following day I went and saw Warren (no appointment) and told him what happened and he said get it out of the bin and put it in the fridge.... I said but I want to buy a new one as I really don't care about the money if it's going to give me piece of mind. He was shacking his head and said no it's fine to use . So I went home and put it in the fridge..... I'm thinking next week when I go and purchase the Lipoidal flush I'm going to ask Kate if I can just buy a new one .

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amandamoo For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (23-02-2017),mummanow  (24-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ChynaHopefully i will have a great start tomorrowWill keep you all informed on how my appointment goes tomorrow

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Popmeinqueue For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (23-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @mummanow - I think from what I have read on here hun Warren uses high doses with a lot of older women in here with success but definitely speak to the nurses if you are unsure. Hopefully someone on here can help also ask in the over 40's thread hun lots of support in there too.
    @Amandamoo - I can't remember the growth hormone making me particular bloated but we all react differently. Hope your procedures next week go well.
    I agree with Warren hun use it out of the bin - that stuff is like gold dust 😨 and I think Kate will agree but understand your concern we want it all to be just right. You may as well ask if it makes you feel better.
    @Popmeinqueue - Good luck tomorrow hun x

I had my scan today and things look good so far, lining at 6.5mm but still time to grow, a few follicles the biggest being around the 11mm mark, next scan Monday. Had intralipids today too.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

LittleDove  (23-02-2017),mummanow  (24-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Amandamoo hon I e just called reception to ask about the hysteoscopy/eb/NK cell test combo and was going post a question in here about it!

Does anyone know or can share their results for the NK test - I really want to see what they test/measure and compare with what Dr Sacks tests...I'm trying get to bottom of immune issues.

Also what does the lipoidial flush part do?

And I'm confused why you are using the growth hormone now when doing the surgery next week? Reception said I do it in the cycle before I start (long down reg).

Any other things I should know about this?

And thanks @Heyside you're always so supportive!! I'm thinking I might ask for 450...will see what they say though of course!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @mummanow sorry can't help too much with the results ftom the testing Warren just told me my NK cells just came back as slightly raised, I don't think he would normally treat for them but due to my history he threw treatment inyo the mix. As for the lipodal flush its a mixture of poppyseed oil which is put into the uterus snd flushed thtough the tubes to increase endometrial receptivity.
    @Popmeinqueue - how did you go hun??

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (26-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mummanow I was on 600 dosage and it boosted my egg numbers for both cycles, quality wise I didn't see a significant decline with 2 times more matured eggs than my previous cycles with other fs. Everyone responds differently so it is hard to say how you would respond for sure. When I was on 450, I was getting 10 to 13 eggs, when I was on 600 and growth hormone, I was getting 21 - 29 eggs. First cycle I had 4 blasts, second cycle I had 1 blast but we had really bad sperm and some hiccups in second cycle.

Edited to add that I was at risk of ohss both cycles but Wazza put me on med and diet/fluid intake instructions so both time I was ok even with a transfer. I think that's the risk of higher dosage but again it depends on how your body responds and there are measures can be taken to reduce the risk.

Also GH is to be used during stim to boost follicle growth even during down reg cycle as far as my treatment goes, have you received treatment plan from the nurse and what does it say about when to start GH? If you are talking about timing of flush and scratch, it can be done during egg pickup under GA(less pain....) if no transfer is planned for that cycle.
    Last edited by Btae; 25-02-2017 at 01:55.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (25-02-2017),mummanow  (26-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Amandamoo definitely use that growth hormone if Wazza says it is ok. What cycle are you on and did scan show many follicles? I was super bloated in my first cycle with Wazza and I was on growth hormone, my estrogen was over the roof and was at risk of ohss. Everything turned out ok after EPU so just drink a lot of fluid (tomato juice, pear juice) and high protein diet. Fx for good egg haul for you next week!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (25-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside wish you all the best with this cycle, grow those follies and lining!! I didn't realize you have immune issue too, are you on standard protocol?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (25-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Popmeinqueue hi! Great to hear you getting to see Wazza so soon, hopefully it went well and you have a good experience with him. I personally adore him and think he is wonderful!!