Closed Thread
Page 48 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am a believer in the scratch and lipoidal flush. Of the cycles I have had the procedure the month before, I have had bfp 3 out of 4 times. Pretty good stats I think and backs up the 50 % increase in implantation rates that the scratch gives you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Returning Wazza fan

Our little family is planning to return to the Wazza fold for a 2nd bub next month. DS was a Wazza miracle (I cannot remember how many times I've cried in his office), so we hope he might be able to work his magic again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Best of luck nightchild80. We too are heading back to Wazza and have a scratch/flush booked for next week. Very excited about doing an FET for bub number 2. I'm also a big believer in the flush and scratch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can I ask.... Who has had the flush/scratch in his rooms oppose to at the day hospital?. Can't remember if I have already asked this, I think I might have, sorry if so. Was it quite painful or was it alright?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @LittleDove I did it in his room in Nov, I don't have a tight cervix and it was definitely quite uncomfortable even with 2 painkillers, he scratched it a few times and I had to hold my breath!! They let me rest there for about 15-20 mins, I was fine after that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lipiodal flush and scratch

Hi @LittleDove,
    Because I'm up in the Sunshine Coast, I found a local radiologist- Dr Sean O'Connor at Coast Medical Imaging Centre, who did the most pain free lipiodal flush, it was amazing. I only had ibruprofen before hand too. He was very gentle. I don't have private insurance so it did cost me around $600 after medicare.
    I didn't have a scratch this time because it was supposed to be for my last FET before we went to spain for egg donation and I had little hope of it taking. Also I had only just started seeing Warren and so was just going to have that last one with my old clinic (which was probably a mistake). Was just going through the motions and aiming for spain - and then had my two consecutive natural pregnancies.

Also I'd had scratches before without the lipiodal and never had a BFP. So I'm guessing for me the lipiodal was a big factor.

God, this has turned into a bit of an essay, sorry

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Beetiesweetie For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (26-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nightchild welcome (back) and all the best with bub no. 2!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside I saw your post in another thread regarding the a fees, I would ask if you could move procedure to another day, I found one of the anaesthetist charged more for EPU than another one he often works with, it was around $150 extra.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @nightchild80 - Welcome back hun hope its a short journey for no.2 hun xx
    @LittleDove sorry love have only had the scratch and lipodal flush done under anesthetic but hope all goes well however you decide yo have it done xx

Thanks @Btae, my initial quote for the anesthetist on Monday was $860 out of pocket which is horrendous. I rang Warren's rooms early and was told the names of the anesthetists working on Friday and Tuesday and have rang them for quotes the first has come back at $400 I am still waiting for the second but then I have to confirm with Warren that its ok to change my procedure day. Definately happy to pay $400 as I will be saving well over $400 compared to mondays anesthetist cost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow you ladies have got me thinking maybe I should have a scratch and flush . Thinking I should have one before my next cycle in Feb/March. I'm currently taking DHEA and waiting for time to pass . Question: when in the cycle should I have one? Does Warren do it in his office or theatre?