ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandamoo View Post
    Ladies, I'm looking at doing a full cycle in February/March. I'm currently taking DHEA and waiting for time to pass . I want you to share with me if you go on a particular eating regime or diet etc. prior to a cycle?
    I have a BMI of 32 (yes I know I'm overweight )

Have a great day
    I will probably be cycling with you hun if you go ahead in February, I have my procedures booked in for the end of this month and then will go ahead with a cycle.

In the past I have followed a low gi diet for my pcos but since last September I have been following a gluten free dairy free diet. I thought it was worth a try to see if it made any difference but recently I have been finding some cheats that I know I probably shouldn't be eating like gluten free/dairy free chocolate and rice cakes which are not doing me any good and probably sending my blood sugar through the roof which won't help 😳, its just so hard to be good all the time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (11-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Dr Warren de Ambrosis-Wazza appreciation thread #6

Wazza likes lining to be less than 5mm on day 2. On all of my cycles.. Even with a scratch on day 21 on previous cycle.. My lining has never been below 5mm. On my last cycle.. Mine was 5.5mm on day 2 but to line up with my donor .. I had no time to rescan and start meds a bit later. I did bleed a little more but doubt if it would be below 5mm. 7 days later.. Lining was 13mm .. With transfer 5 days later. Currently 10 weeks pregnant.. But maybe I am the anomaly!
    Last edited by kylie764; 12-01-2017 at 00:52.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (11-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside Thank you for your reply. I'm presuming EPU for me will be sometime in March if AF behaves .
    Since my last cycle sometime back (2011) I have lost 40kg however I'm currently not following any specific diet. I would actually like to be able to cut out sugar completely but not sure if it's even possible and if I'm that disciplined . I'm interested if others do anything different. My mum is always commenting about diets which makes me think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Amandamoo good on you for loosing 40kg. Maybe low gi might be a way to try for you, its all about keeping blood sugar low and simple changes like swaping white bread for multi grain and potatoes for sweet potatoes can make all the difference. Also you don't go hungry as you are encouraged to eat at regular times of the day to stop blood sugar dropping.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (11-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just curious, if you couldn't get Dr. Warren as your FS is there anyone else at QFG you would consider?

I only ask as we are looking to switch FS from MIVF. We are happy to go interstate for treatment as Victoria has tight rules around donor sperm. Have an appointment with Dr. Warren booked for August 2017 but would really like to see someone sooner to discuss our options. Any recommendations from those on the forum would be great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I were you @bendithion I would ring Warren's rooms up again and ask about maybe seeing Charlotte. She works alongside Warren and is very pro active just like him and sometimes does his procedures and consultations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wave lovely ladies here, how is everyone going?
    @Etalanta everything is tracking well except tsh number. I am not sure if mivf measurement is the same as st Vincent pathology. I got it tested last Friday at 2.1 but today bt showed it is 3.23. Nurse said wazza is happy but I know it should ideally be under 2.5 during pregnancy so going to get my gp to repeat bt tomorrow and ask dr. M whether to increase my thyroxine dosage.

I initially wanted to do a scan with warren at 7 weeks but nurse said I should be getting this scan done locally. I was going to thank Wazza when I see him hopefully for the last time during this pregnancy (and get "I am a Wazza baby outfit"!) guess it won't happen now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Amandamoo we followed a low suger diet (dh has bad sweet tooth so it was hard for him) and try to go low gi where I could. I also picked up regular gym exercises and walking a few km a few times each week.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (11-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick update, got the result of the embryo which was sent for pgd in my Dec cycle, it came back abnormal with an additional chromosome 22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bendithion agree with what Heyside, definitely consider booking Charlotte to kick start the discussion. Also make sure you are on the cancellation list.