Closed Thread
Page 24 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Yes its very relaxed in Warren's rooms at the moment which is completely different to how it usually is. Glad you sorted things out and you can pick the other forms in when you next go in
    Yeah it was me and another girl there yesterday at 7:45. I really liked it lol not busy and I could sit with ten seats between me and her I could also hear the tv

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Its bliss isn't it @Tinachris haha!! Nice not having to keep track of where you are in the waiting room and waiting to see the nurses and office staff and yes agreed I heard the tv too 😂.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (14-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    Hello lovely ladies…firstly thank you all for your kind words, they have been appreciated & secondly sorry I haven’t been around since my last post in late September, but life has been hectic.

So I was admitted to Mater Mothers on 26thSeptember and that was just the beginning of our journey, I had developed preeclampsia . I didn’t realise the seriousness of the situation at 25+3 wks, apparently you don’t usually develop this condition until the third trimester…lucky me, just an over achiever . So on Tuesday evening Charlotte came to see us and pretty much shocked us back to reality…we wouldn’t be leaving the hospital until our baby was born and at that stage it was just about keeping us pregnant for as long as possible. It was either going to come down to my health or that of the baby that would force her to deliver

The next 2.5wks were very long and was a constant round of blood test (Charlotte gave up on urine tests when the last time she tested the protein was over 3000…oops ) and the 'will this be the day or will we get another day'. My blood pressure fluctuated between high and ridiculously high and my creatin (kidney function) ranged from ‘I’m going to have to deliver as your kidneys are failing’ to ‘OK keep drinking that zillion gallons of water, you’ve bought yourself another day’. I had a couple of close calls, where Charlotte (poor thing, at 3am) advised the nursing staff to get me to start fasting, the first time was a week to the day that I'd been admitted, on Monday 3rdOctober & then the second time was the follow Monday 10th. On the up side, during all of this time I didn’t actually feel unwell. I looked ‘ugly’ as my face had swollen and the nursing staff were constantly asking if I had headaches or blurred vision and were amazed that I didn’t. I think Charlotte found it amusing when we asked if we could maybe go out for a meal nearby or maybe even the movies (we figured it was close and we’d be sitting down), she did laugh quite a bit and then followed it up with a resounding…'NO. I know you don’t feel it, but you are probably the sickest patient we have on this floor at the moment’. Hmm I guess that’s a no then . ‘Yes that is a NO, you can probably go downstairs in a wheel chair, just after you’ve had your obs done and for only 30mins max’…Hmm I guess I’m not really allowed out

The final straw was my kidneys failing, when the water volume I was consuming didn’t seem to be making any difference so on after my blood tests on Monday 10th Charlotte came that evening to advise that she was booking us in for Wednesday to deliver our baby. We came close again on the Tuesday night when the nursing staff had to call a code as my blood pressure had reached an all-time high of 200/112…thankfully they had called Charlotte first and she had instructed the emergency Dr to call her first, so that he didn’t whisk me off for an emergency c-section. It wasn’t until after delivery that Charlotte actually confessed that she didn’t expect me to get through the first 24hrs, let alone another 2.5wks, we made it to 27+5

On Wednesday 12th October @ 4:23pm wewelcomed our darling baby boy into the world, weighing only 950gms but fighting fit.

So at 8wks today he’s come a long way…he is currentlyweighing 2250gms (due to be weighed today). He was on CPAP until 24thNov, then on high flow until 2nd Dec….we were extremely excited as the great steps he was making gave us hope that he’d be home Christmas. Especially when on Monday morning he was then moved to the Special Care nursery….which is the last step to ‘GOING HOME’ and he just had to master feeding. Unfortunately that evening he had a step back and was move back onto high flow and also back to the High Dependency nursery. Not the worst thing in the world, but it was a blow after coming so far.

On top of all of that on 6th November my mother had a stroke…I know right!! She had been showing signs of dementia and the bleed she’s had is in the frontal lobe so although it hasn’t affected her physically had has emphasised the confusion and dementia symptoms she was experiencing. Unfortunately the Dr’s have advised that she will not be able to return home and we are currently seeking a Care Facility for her (that is a whole other journey).

Forest Gump was right…’life is like a box of chocolates’. We’ve had some soft sticky ones and some really nutty ones lately

So that’s what I’ve been up to …what about you
    Oh Gen what a ride you have been on. My fingers are crossed for you that your little boy is home by Christmas xx

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wishing25 For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (16-12-2016),MamaKes  (31-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @wishing25 good to see you- how have you been?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wonderful thank you . My little boy was born at 40+3 on the 4th of December weighing 8.8 pound and is 57cm long. Whilst not a smooth delivery - we are both healthy and doing well. Absolutely in love with my little man!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wishing25 For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (16-12-2016),Heyside  (15-12-2016),MamaKes  (31-12-2016),Tinachris  (15-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @wishing25 that's wonderful news!! Another Wazza miracle! And a lot of hard work on your part! I'm due next week

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to softshellcrab For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (16-12-2016),Heyside  (15-12-2016),MamaKes  (31-12-2016),Rosie8888  (15-12-2016),Tinachris  (15-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by softshellcrab View Post
    Congratulations @wishing25 that's wonderful news!! Another Wazza miracle! And a lot of hard work on your part! I'm due next week
    How exciting!! It's just amazing - all the best for a smooth delivery to meet your little miracle. Can't wait to hear the news xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wishing25 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (15-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @gagangi you must be ready to pop?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (16-12-2016),Heyside  (15-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congratulations on the birth of your little biy @wishing25 glad to hear you are both doing well. What an amazing Christmas you will have as a family x

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best @softshellcrab for your bubs arrival a Christmas day bub maybe??