ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies…firstly thank you all for your kind words, they have been appreciated & secondly sorry I haven’t been around since my last post in late September, but life has been hectic.

So I was admitted to Mater Mothers on 26thSeptember and that was just the beginning of our journey, I had developed preeclampsia . I didn’t realise the seriousness of the situation at 25+3 wks, apparently you don’t usually develop this condition until the third trimester…lucky me, just an over achiever . So on Tuesday evening Charlotte came to see us and pretty much shocked us back to reality…we wouldn’t be leaving the hospital until our baby was born and at that stage it was just about keeping us pregnant for as long as possible. It was either going to come down to my health or that of the baby that would force her to deliver

The next 2.5wks were very long and was a constant round of blood test (Charlotte gave up on urine tests when the last time she tested the protein was over 3000…oops ) and the 'will this be the day or will we get another day'. My blood pressure fluctuated between high and ridiculously high and my creatin (kidney function) ranged from ‘I’m going to have to deliver as your kidneys are failing’ to ‘OK keep drinking that zillion gallons of water, you’ve bought yourself another day’. I had a couple of close calls, where Charlotte (poor thing, at 3am) advised the nursing staff to get me to start fasting, the first time was a week to the day that I'd been admitted, on Monday 3rdOctober & then the second time was the follow Monday 10th. On the up side, during all of this time I didn’t actually feel unwell. I looked ‘ugly’ as my face had swollen and the nursing staff were constantly asking if I had headaches or blurred vision and were amazed that I didn’t. I think Charlotte found it amusing when we asked if we could maybe go out for a meal nearby or maybe even the movies (we figured it was close and we’d be sitting down), she did laugh quite a bit and then followed it up with a resounding…'NO. I know you don’t feel it, but you are probably the sickest patient we have on this floor at the moment’. Hmm I guess that’s a no then . ‘Yes that is a NO, you can probably go downstairs in a wheel chair, just after you’ve had your obs done and for only 30mins max’…Hmm I guess I’m not really allowed out

The final straw was my kidneys failing, when the water volume I was consuming didn’t seem to be making any difference so on after my blood tests on Monday 10th Charlotte came that evening to advise that she was booking us in for Wednesday to deliver our baby. We came close again on the Tuesday night when the nursing staff had to call a code as my blood pressure had reached an all-time high of 200/112…thankfully they had called Charlotte first and she had instructed the emergency Dr to call her first, so that he didn’t whisk me off for an emergency c-section. It wasn’t until after delivery that Charlotte actually confessed that she didn’t expect me to get through the first 24hrs, let alone another 2.5wks, we made it to 27+5

On Wednesday 12th October @ 4:23pm wewelcomed our darling baby boy into the world, weighing only 950gms but fighting fit.

So at 8wks today he’s come a long way…he is currentlyweighing 2250gms (due to be weighed today). He was on CPAP until 24thNov, then on high flow until 2nd Dec….we were extremely excited as the great steps he was making gave us hope that he’d be home Christmas. Especially when on Monday morning he was then moved to the Special Care nursery….which is the last step to ‘GOING HOME’ and he just had to master feeding. Unfortunately that evening he had a step back and was move back onto high flow and also back to the High Dependency nursery. Not the worst thing in the world, but it was a blow after coming so far.

On top of all of that on 6th November my mother had a stroke…I know right!! She had been showing signs of dementia and the bleed she’s had is in the frontal lobe so although it hasn’t affected her physically had has emphasised the confusion and dementia symptoms she was experiencing. Unfortunately the Dr’s have advised that she will not be able to return home and we are currently seeking a Care Facility for her (that is a whole other journey).

Forest Gump was right…’life is like a box of chocolates’. We’ve had some soft sticky ones and some really nutty ones lately

So that’s what I’ve been up to …what about you
    Last edited by Gen72; 07-12-2016 at 10:57.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (08-12-2016),Gagingi  (07-12-2016),Heyside  (07-12-2016),softshellcrab  (07-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Gen72 omg what a few months you have had!! Congratulations on the arrival of your precious baby boy!!!! I hope he gets to go home in your arms soon! So sorry about your mum, I hope she is okay and everything works out at the end.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (07-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gen72 thanks for updating. What a journey. Glad you and bubs are alright. What's his name?? Sorry to hear on top of all of this your mum is sick x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (07-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gen72 what a ride, congratulations on bub, he sounds like such a little trooper. Sorry to hear about your mum, I hope you find her a wonderful care facility.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (07-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congratulations again @Gen72 as I said on the other thread you have been through so much xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have experienced bleeding today, day 8 of my iui. I rang and spoke to the nurse who said to just go in for my scan tomorrow as planned to see whats going on but I suspect my puregon dose is too low and nothing is happening as we were taking things slowly as I dont want to over stimulate. I suppose I will know more tomorrow.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (08-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gen72 congratulations on the birth of your darling boy. I'm relieved to hear that overall you are both doing well. You're made of tough stuff! Sorry to hear about your mum - more challenges! Keep well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    Hello lovely ladies…firstly thank you all for your kind words, they have been appreciated & secondly sorry I haven’t been around since my last post in late September, but life has been hectic.

So I was admitted to Mater Mothers on 26thSeptember and that was just the beginning of our journey, I had developed preeclampsia . I didn’t realise the seriousness of the situation at 25+3 wks, apparently you don’t usually develop this condition until the third trimester…lucky me, just an over achiever . So on Tuesday evening Charlotte came to see us and pretty much shocked us back to reality…we wouldn’t be leaving the hospital until our baby was born and at that stage it was just about keeping us pregnant for as long as possible. It was either going to come down to my health or that of the baby that would force her to deliver

The next 2.5wks were very long and was a constant round of blood test (Charlotte gave up on urine tests when the last time she tested the protein was over 3000…oops ) and the 'will this be the day or will we get another day'. My blood pressure fluctuated between high and ridiculously high and my creatin (kidney function) ranged from ‘I’m going to have to deliver as your kidneys are failing’ to ‘OK keep drinking that zillion gallons of water, you’ve bought yourself another day’. I had a couple of close calls, where Charlotte (poor thing, at 3am) advised the nursing staff to get me to start fasting, the first time was a week to the day that I'd been admitted, on Monday 3rdOctober & then the second time was the follow Monday 10th. On the up side, during all of this time I didn’t actually feel unwell. I looked ‘ugly’ as my face had swollen and the nursing staff were constantly asking if I had headaches or blurred vision and were amazed that I didn’t. I think Charlotte found it amusing when we asked if we could maybe go out for a meal nearby or maybe even the movies (we figured it was close and we’d be sitting down), she did laugh quite a bit and then followed it up with a resounding…'NO. I know you don’t feel it, but you are probably the sickest patient we have on this floor at the moment’. Hmm I guess that’s a no then . ‘Yes that is a NO, you can probably go downstairs in a wheel chair, just after you’ve had your obs done and for only 30mins max’…Hmm I guess I’m not really allowed out

The final straw was my kidneys failing, when the water volume I was consuming didn’t seem to be making any difference so on after my blood tests on Monday 10th Charlotte came that evening to advise that she was booking us in for Wednesday to deliver our baby. We came close again on the Tuesday night when the nursing staff had to call a code as my blood pressure had reached an all-time high of 200/112…thankfully they had called Charlotte first and she had instructed the emergency Dr to call her first, so that he didn’t whisk me off for an emergency c-section. It wasn’t until after delivery that Charlotte actually confessed that she didn’t expect me to get through the first 24hrs, let alone another 2.5wks, we made it to 27+5

On Wednesday 12th October @ 4:23pm wewelcomed our darling baby boy into the world, weighing only 950gms but fighting fit.

So at 8wks today he’s come a long way…he is currentlyweighing 2250gms (due to be weighed today). He was on CPAP until 24thNov, then on high flow until 2nd Dec….we were extremely excited as the great steps he was making gave us hope that he’d be home Christmas. Especially when on Monday morning he was then moved to the Special Care nursery….which is the last step to ‘GOING HOME’ and he just had to master feeding. Unfortunately that evening he had a step back and was move back onto high flow and also back to the High Dependency nursery. Not the worst thing in the world, but it was a blow after coming so far.

On top of all of that on 6th November my mother had a stroke…I know right!! She had been showing signs of dementia and the bleed she’s had is in the frontal lobe so although it hasn’t affected her physically had has emphasised the confusion and dementia symptoms she was experiencing. Unfortunately the Dr’s have advised that she will not be able to return home and we are currently seeking a Care Facility for her (that is a whole other journey).

Forest Gump was right…’life is like a box of chocolates’. We’ve had some soft sticky ones and some really nutty ones lately

So that’s what I’ve been up to …what about you
    Omgoodness honey what a whirlwind time. Am so happy to hear you are both well. So sorry about your Mum xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh @Heyside you never do things the easy way. I hope everything is ok when you have your scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Oh @Heyside you never do things the easy way. I hope everything is ok when you have your scan.
    Haha!! It seems not hun if there is an issue to find I always find it. I am hoping its an easy fix this time though and I just need a higher dose of puregon fingers crossed. Thanks hun x