ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 102 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Etalanta View Post
    Hi all and Faithslove....l hope it is ok if l join the thread. Long time reader, but first time poster. I have done 4 cycles with Monash in Melbourne and just had my first appointment with Wazza this week. Wishing everyone well with their journey. Xo
    Welcome @Etalanta I hope your appointment with Wazza went well and you have a good plan of action x

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    What is coasting?
    Hi hun coasting is when you take the FSH injections until your estrogen reaches a given level and then you stop the injections allowing the estrogen to drop to a safe level before trigger. Dr sher talks about it on his website, I suggested it to Warren as it is supposed to give more mature eggs. Wazza believes it wouldn't help me though as some of the eggs might drop off and die which is a huge risk. Also the main purpose of coasting is to prevent OHSS in women with PCOS, which I am always at risk of but generally I cope pretty well after pick up. I really trust Warren so happy to not do this method if its not suitable for me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Etalanta  (02-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Heyside, glad you feel good about Wazza's decision and trust his judgement.

How did your appointment go Etalanta?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (04-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    Thanks Heyside, glad you feel good about Wazza's decision and trust his judgement.

How did your appointment go Etalanta?
    Thanks Heyside and Little Dove...My appointment was a cancellation appointment and I felt very lucky to see Dr Wazza earlier than my original appointment date in July 2017. However I had a bad feeling and the good doctor did not give me a lot of hope. I got the talk about the costs of IVF, that there are cheaper bulk billing facilities and by the way donor eggs are more effective. It kind of burst my little bubble of maybe there was a way forward with the great Wazza. Hubby was not to pleased about being dragged all of a sudden from Melbourne to Brisbane on a last minute flight...however I am glad we did it. Oddly Dr Warren recommended similiar protocols as my Melbourne FS so I am very very confused. Both doctors do similiar medications, except Dr Warren does way more monitoring and there are a couple of extra medications (Intralipids, Trental?), but are very similiar in their approaches using high doses of stims and a wide range of vitamins, DHEA and growth hormone to assist with egg quality in my case.

As for me...I don't know if I am a hopeless case. I am 37, but with low AMH(4), high NK cells and rubbish egg quality. I honestly wish I had started trying earlier for a kid. So much regret. My stats are:
    IVF 1: Antagonist: 450IU Gonal F, 150 Menopur - 8 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 3 fertilise on Day 5: C blastyst and D blastocycst - BFN
    IVF 2: Boost (similiar levels of FSH) - 7 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 3 fertilise - On Day 5 2 left again : C blastocyst, D morula - BFP - miscarriage at 5.5 weeks
    IVF 3: Long Down reg: 300IU Gonal F, 150 Menopur plus Growth Hormone - 10 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilise on Day 5 all 5 are there, but 3 are D grade and not fit for freezing, BB hatching blast and C early blast - BFN (worst 2 WW beloved pet dog dies)
    IVF 4: Same protocol and meds as IVF 3 - 11 eggs retrieved, 9 mature...yet only 3 fertilised. Yikes! Told today 2 other embies they are not sure if they have fertilised or not. How strange is that not being able to tell if fertilisation happened or not? I have never had that happened before

Sorry for the long post. Wazza is undecided if to run with an Antagonist or Long Down Reg for me, but is waiting for me to finish my current cycle with my current FS and then will decide depending on how it turns out. Is it normal for him to be very blunt and very cautious with new patients? I would still like to do my next cycle with him.

Thanks all and wishing you all the very best.xo
    Last edited by Etalanta; 02-12-2016 at 22:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry you've had such a hard time with everything so far and I'm so so sorry about your dog 😥. Yes, Wazza is fairly blunt about things which has its good and bad points. I think he would rather to totally honest with people even though it can be hard and upsetting to handle at times. With him having not yet decided on how to proceed with your next cycle, I wouldn't see that as a negative thing, rather try to see it as him wanting to get as much information as possible about your previous cycles so that he can make the best decisions for you going forward.
    The fertilization thing you mentioned at the end seems odd but I've had something similar myself. I was told that I had 5 eggs fertilize but then the next day that number had jumped to 6 which I found bizarre! I think some take a little longer to fertilize so maybe that's what they mean, that the embryos are doing something not haven't done enough yet to be considered totally fertilized, perhaps. Hope some of this has helped a bit

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Etalanta  (04-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Etalanta hun warren is pretty blunt, I got the donor talk on my first consultation visit, we told him that we are not ready for that yet and he was fine with that. Wazza believes in doing the right thing for his patients so he puts all hard facts on the table first. I hope wazza can land on a good plan for you soon!! Xoxo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

Etalanta  (04-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Afm, af showed on wed so I am booked for a local scan next Monday morning to check and decide whether to kick off stimming. If everything goes according to plan, we will be transferring before Xmas.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (03-12-2016),Etalanta  (04-12-2016),LittleDove  (03-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Etalanta - Sounds like Warren was quiet upfront with you hun its hard to take isnt it but its good to know exactly where you stand before cycling. Hopefully the extra medications and monitoring will make the difference for you. I know what you mean about trying for children earlier, we have a DD but spent so many years preventing pregnancy because we wanted to be stable with life and money before children which now we are not anyway because we have the debt of ivf hanging around us.
    It sounds like you have had a mixed bag of cycles, hoping the next one brings you good quality embryos. Very strange with them not knowing if the eggs fertilised or not.
    Wishing you all the best with your current cycle, hopefully you wont need to cycle again. Where are you up to at the moment are you due for EPU soon?
    @Btae - Hope all goes well with your scan tomorrow and you get the go ahead to cycle xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Btae  (04-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks LittleDove. Appreciate the reply and also the explanation about eggs taking longer to fertilize. Good to know sometimes it can come good. Thanks also for the condolences about my pet dog. I miss him alot.

My current problem is trying to convince my hubby to proceed with Wazza. I know I want to start with him, but because his suggestions to my results and extensive medical tests and checks were so similar to my current FS in Melbourne (antagonist or long down reg, high stims, DHEA, growth hormone) hubby says he would prefer I stay with my current FS. The few points of difference between the 2 I have found are:
    - Wazza I think prefers to trigger around 18mm follicles, my current FS is very happy for me to trigger with bigger ones at 26-30mm, even if I loose them.
    - My FS has not really looked at my lining and I have very few blood tests and ultrasounds during a cycle (one ultrasound on Day 10 and a couple of BTs). Wazza doesn't think I have lining issues, but would pay more attention to it. My lining seem to be around 7.5mm not bad but not great.
    - And Wazza uses Trental, intralipids and 3x my current dose of steroids (which scares hubby as I puff up like a balloon on steroids), Valium on transfer... not so current FS

So I guess I am stuck. We are waiting to see how this current cycle does and then do another cycle... I hope I can convince hubby to go with Wazza.

I wanted to ask those here....what convinced you to go with Wazza? And did he offer any points of difference between a previous FS and his proposed approach?

Thanks again all for your help. xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Btae. It kind of scared my husband talking about donor eggs so suddenly, he was kind of expecting an overview of where I was at and what he would do. I am really looking forward to getting a plan from Wazza tho. xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Btae View Post
    Afm, af showed on wed so I am booked for a local scan next Monday morning to check and decide whether to kick off stimming. If everything goes according to plan, we will be transferring before Xmas.

Good luck with your scan Btae xo