+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Plus size clothes

I'm having a really hard time with clothing lately. I've gained so much weight and I can't shake it so finding clothes I feel comfortable in is really hard.
    Does anyone have suggestions for places to buy cheap summer clothes in plus sizes that look nice. I HATE my stomach so really struggle with anything that makes it obvious how big it is.
    I'm thinking things like shirts, skirts, dresses but would need shirts as well. I can't afford to spend a lot but need just a few items
    Thank you to anyone who reads this. Such a stupid question

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I love city chic and only really ever buy from there when they have a sale on. I find their clothing fits me the best. There are plenty of groups online that do the buy/swap/sell with their clothing.

Otherwise CC always have a sale of items and once boxing day comes, I can usually see lots of bargains from them

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (17-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hear ya! I am very tall with big boobs and a tummy. I love citychic but only buy their stuff onsale. I can't justify $99 or $130 on a dress these days. They are very good quality clothes though. I always have to try everything on as I hate some of their 'clingy' fabrics that some dresses and tops are made of. Clothes don't shrink either after washing. I also love that I fit in a size S and XS when I'm usually 16..my little self esteem booster lol
    I also like Katie's jeans that pull up and their prints in some of their blouses and maxis but have found their sizing is small so I go up to 18-20 and then often they shrink after I wash them. That just makes me sad. Again, I only buy on special racks. I have also recently found blouses in Kmart that fit and are not clingy but again I have to watch the fabric type and I am a 20 there!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love city chic. I'm living in a pair of denim shorts from there but yeah sometimes I just can't afford it I will make sure to keep an eye on the sales and look for buy swap sell pages! Thanks x

Thanks
    Reviews
    In December last year they had good sales all the way up to Christmas and then Boxing Day is the best, usually in there for at least a week. If you're in the city there is some clearance outlets around too. I also like crossroads but there hasn't been as much lately I don't think. I have got a few really nice skirts from there though and then wear with a plain singlet or t shirt from Kmart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Cheese View Post
    In December last year they had good sales all the way up to Christmas and then Boxing Day is the best, usually in there for at least a week. If you're in the city there is some clearance outlets around too. I also like crossroads but there hasn't been as much lately I don't think. I have got a few really nice skirts from there though and then wear with a plain singlet or t shirt from Kmart.
    I used to love crossroads but not so much these days. They have gotten really expensive too I have found.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    I used to love crossroads but not so much these days. They have gotten really expensive too I have found.
    Agreed and the quality doesn't match the expensive price. An extra $20 on their $59 maxis and I can get wayyy better quality at citychic. It's a shame I used to love shopping there 5 years ago when they had the same quality but cheaper prices.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Myztiks#1Fan  (17-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    Agreed and the quality doesn't match the expensive price. An extra $20 on their $59 maxis and I can get wayyy better quality at citychic. It's a shame I used to love shopping there 5 years ago when they had the same quality but cheaper prices.
    I would rather pay full price CC than even the cheapest of cheap at CR.

I have my eye on a skirt and top in CC currently. Hoping they come down in price leading up to Christmas.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (17-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    I would rather pay full price CC than even the cheapest of cheap at CR.

I have my eye on a skirt and top in CC currently. Hoping they come down in price leading up to Christmas.
    Oh nice! Are you on their email list? I am loving a few things I see there..they also had cheap bras on sale online but none in my size

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    Oh nice! Are you on their email list? I am loving a few things I see there..they also had cheap bras on sale online but none in my size
    Yeah i am on their email list. I love their bras. They fit so well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (17-11-2016)