+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    See I would hate the idea of a cleaner as I don't like the idea of a stranger being in my house, with my boobs out breastfeeding a newborn and tired as ****, and a bombsite of a house lol.

I think it's lovely idea and yes frozen friendly.
    That wouldn't worry me...I'd go hang out somewhere (parents, friends, take myself to a cafe) and relish coming back to a clean house that I didn't have to clean. I gave a voucher to a friend for a cleaner once and she just used it when she was ready and able to get out easily enough. She went back to work after a couple of months so she ended up using it then from memory.
    I also used to cook a lot of meals and have them in the freezer ready to go before having a newborn, you can't prepare for a clean house, as it just keeps getting dirty...but meals I was well prepared for.
    However, I'm sure BettyV knows if her friend would like a cleaner or groceries more...I just wouldn't pick meals etc. because I don't know what my friends like to eat in terms of brands etc. I like the idea of an order of nappies, wipes etc. With one of my children I was given some nice shower gel from a woman I didn't know very well who wanted to give something to congratulate me on my baby...she attached a note that said 'don't forget to look after yourself.' It was really lovely, and I appreciated that she thought of me (and wanted to give me something that I could enjoy but wasn't time consuming)...those kinds of things would be safer than food if BettyV doesn't know what she likes to eat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it was me, I would have loved a Woolies delivery, but more "ingredients" rather than actual meals. Like some nice meats and produce etc. Chances are I would have had plenty of frozen meals around but would be dying for something fresh. Just the stuff to make quick simple meals but fresh ones.
    Also stuff like nice shower gels, treats like chocolate.
    I would have also loved a pretty new fancy water bottle. She'll need water around all the time to keep hydrated while breastfeeding and a pretty bottle is nice. I think.
    I would hate if someone got me a cleaner. I'm the type that would want to clean before the cleaner got there so the gift would actually give me a few hours of extra housework to do hah.
    It really depends how well you know your friend what she tends to like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think a Woolworths delivery is a really lovely idea. I would probably include some 'treats' (nice chocolate!), some fresh fruit, and some things that could potentially be frozen (or made then frozen). What a great friend you are!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the opinions. I ended up sending it but letting her know it was coming so she'd be home. I went for a combination of meals, nice snacks, and foods she missed while she was pregnant. She loved it.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (19-11-2016),Full House  (20-11-2016),gingermillie  (20-11-2016),Katvee  (19-11-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (19-11-2016),littleriv  (19-11-2016),Me&Smooches  (19-11-2016),smallpotatoes  (19-11-2016),TheGooch  (19-11-2016),twinklify  (19-11-2016),witherwings  (20-11-2016)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love that idea. My mum bought me groceries when I came home! Fresh bread, some good ham, fresh fruit and veg, bickies, porridge sachets etc. I loved it! I think I'll be banking it for when friends have babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Op, I think it's a beautiful idea & I'm sure your lovely friend would appreciate whatever you got her. I would've loved something like that. It's very thoughtful. I'd probably flick her a msg saying you normally like cooking for new parents but since you live away have organised this & just check what day & time slot she would prefer for delivery.

I hear a lot of my friends say that people do nothing when they have babies so I think it'd be greatly appreciated. Oh & if she drinks coffee I'd be putting that in there too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh sorry, I only read after I replied that you had sent it. That's great to hear she loved it!!!! Such a thoughtful gift