ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Woolworths delivery as a present for a new mum?

A close friend of mine is just home from the hospital with her new bub. I normally make a meal as a gift when friends have babies but she lives interstate. I'm thinking about possibly organising a Woolworths delivery instead. What do people think? Is this something you'd like as a gift? What would you include?
    My list of possibilities so far: ready made lasagne, quiche, soft cheese and other pregnancy no nos, biscuits for an easy breastfeeding snack.
    She does have a nut allergy, which I'll have to consider.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would love it! Maybe make sure a couple of things can be put in the freezer? We were inundated with food when we brought DS home & honestly struggled to eat it all within the use by dates!
    But it was fabulous to have a few ready meals delivered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Freezer friendly is good tip! Thanks @rosey82.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am really picky with what I eat, and would much prefer a cleaner tbh. If I got an order of lasagna, quiche, and soft cheese I'd appreciate the thought but not actually eat any of it (I only eat home made lasagna, hate quiche, and don't eat soft cheeses as a regular thing). So, the order would be good if you know what she eats, but if not a cleaner might be a better option.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think a food delivery or a cleaner are both great ideas. I think food is great if you know what she eats. If she would eat some ready made meals , then that's great. If you're not sure, maybe a cleaner or ironing service or something.
    Can you chat to her hub or will that kill the surprise?
    You're a good friend ! I'd be excited by either of those gifts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I am really picky with what I eat, and would much prefer a cleaner tbh. If I got an order of lasagna, quiche, and soft cheese I'd appreciate the thought but not actually eat any of it (I only eat home made lasagna, hate quiche, and don't eat soft cheeses as a regular thing). So, the order would be good if you know what she eats, but if not a cleaner might be a better option.
    See I would hate the idea of a cleaner as I don't like the idea of a stranger being in my house, with my boobs out breastfeeding a newborn and tired as ****, and a bombsite of a house lol.

I think it's lovely idea and yes frozen friendly.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (15-11-2016),AdornedWithCats  (15-11-2016),Happymum2  (16-11-2016),smallpotatoes  (15-11-2016),TheGooch  (16-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg i think a supermarket delivery is a brilliant idea! I cant think of anything you have missed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice idea, but you'll need to make sure it's at a time when she/someone is home/ awake. I had ordered my own delivery in the early days with my son and was either half asleep or feeding him at the back of the house and missed it and then had to go and pick it up half way across town

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Lovely idea Betty, I would have so loved that as a gift!

I would include nappies, wipes, body wash, Purity clothes wash, maybe some gourmet ice-cream, magazine, chocolates.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (16-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love just a couple gift cards (yes sounds plain and boring but) being on maternity leave you never know financial constraints. Yes they can see $20 or $50 but they could use that on a week they are tight or have a big elec bill good luck and what a lovely thought