+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Kids stools (poop)

Yes gross I know!

Ds who is lactose intolerant never does a firm poo? It's literally wateryish. Is this normal? We have done coeliac test and was neg what else could it be.

His eating has improved.

B- oats & milk
    - snack banana, cake
    Lunch wrap ham cheese
    Snack yoghurt fruit
    Cucumbers, carrot sticks biscuit(like sakata to snack on)

If they are hassling for food I offer more fruit . Could they be eating too much fruit? He also drinks way to much milk and this is a sensory issue with his autism I can't kick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Kids stools (poop)

It's the milk , if he's lactose intolerant try him on almond milk instead , it's ok to eat lots of veggies and fruit just make sure it's varied and not the same all the time ( will he eat egg? Or nut butters with rice cakes , great healthy snacks with protein that will fill them up!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes he eats egg (scrambled) and mayvers peanut butter (I have been listening to u from last time

I will get some other milk but omg I have tried changing yoghurt to coconut/almond and no chance (as I wanted to make my own). SIGH! Any tips to wean it to him? Or is there a non strong flavour one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's the milk he most likely has a diary intolerance. Cut all dairy & soy from his diet and see what happens. Almond milk, nuttelex for butter, brown rice crackers or wholemeal ones. He basically needs to be on a vegan diet but with meat. This is my diet while BF DS2. It'll take 4/8wks to clear out him system

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Yes he eats egg (scrambled) and mayvers peanut butter (I have been listening to u from last time

I will get some other milk but omg I have tried changing yoghurt to coconut/almond and no chance (as I wanted to make my own). SIGH! Any tips to wean it to him? Or is there a non strong flavour one?
    I get Australias own organic almond milk , I like the flavour but I don't like cows milk ! Maybe try make a smoothie first ? But I think it's just gong to take time, don't mention the change , just act like its the same brand and hope for the best!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Any tips to wean it to him?
    If cold turkey is going to be too hard, you could try adding a small amount of the almond milk to cows milk, and gradually increasing the almond milk and decreasing the cows milk until he is drinking straight almond milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes cold turkey way too hard. I'll try half n half.

Thanks ladies