Hi everyone ... i'm hoping to hear of anyone who has experienced changes to their period as a result of international travel. My work has taken me to the USA (California) every 2 months for the past 12 months. In that time, I have met the love of my life and we have started TTC. However, this has also coincided with a change in my circadian rhythms and as a result my periods have become irregular, missed and now I have ovulation bleeding.

I read that this can be a sign of strong ovulation. However, I have mild cramping, I have had to take neurofen and I noticed some clots.

My last cycle was 47 days and then whilst in New York I had spotting for a few days, I didn't count this as a period, however when I realised I was ovulating I realised it must be a period and so counted it. I am now day 19 and had my surge yesterday giving me peak fertility yesterday and today, however I also started bleeding on that same day.

I am confused. Does anyone have any kind of similar experience? I am 44, however I had been having regular cycles and had seen my physician and they said there was no reason I couldn't fall pregnant.

I really appreciate anyone who has taken the time to read this thread, and any responses. Thanks so much.