+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been advised by customer service peeps at C-link it wouldn't take longer than 3 weeks max, I guess it depends on if you're already approved and just need the "baby has arrived" paperwork. It took about 3-4 weeks last time I claimed 5 years ago.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

happy444  (13-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    I've been advised by customer service peeps at C-link it wouldn't take longer than 3 weeks max, I guess it depends on if you're already approved and just need the "baby has arrived" paperwork. It took about 3-4 weeks last time I claimed 5 years ago.
    I reckon. Can't believe it'd take 3-4 months to add on the proof to your already assessed application. They wouldn't stick you at the bottom of the pile while they chase people up for information - or maybe they would!!! I wonder if the mygov system speed things up as well, having ATO linked to mygov w the centrelink (along w medicare w all my ob appts etc ) so it's all laid out and proof of my income etc cldnt be any clearer.
    Anyway we will see, I will manage if I have to wait awhile but ideally it'll be set up really quickly and I can enjoy the silly season without stressing about $$!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In 2013, from memory mine was probably about 8 weeks. I get queries from staff at work about their PPL taking so long; we've seen delays up to 12 weeks in the past, purely due to Centrelink being slow, nothing to do with the person claiming it taking too long to submit their paperwork. Its a bit ridiculous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Update: mine will start to be paid 20th dec. DS was born 16th oct. Thats 8 weeks.
    The paperwork never got to my work, it's just disappeared!
    So I spent an hour on the phone chasing it up. Someone from the PPL team called my payroll officer & sorted it out then actually called me to let me know.
    If you haven't heard anything after a few weeks of submitting your claim definitely chase it up with Centrelink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both time I've claimed PPL I've had it approved within 2 weeks but I don't elect to receive it till later on (3-4mths later). The lady in Centrelink said it's better to physically hand it in as with the postal service so slow these days it just adds time. With my last bub I dropped off the paperwork a week after bub was born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My babe is 4.5weeks and I'm still not receiving it I have called Centrelink 7 times chasing it, so frustrating!!

Thanks
    Reviews