+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have an Abyssinian Burmese and she is now solo (our Persian passed 2 years ago) and she is very contented on her own.

The thing I love about her is she is spotlessly clean, forever grooming herself which is such a Burmese trait and she's a chatter box. She loves to talk! She follows me around, and sits at my feet when I hang out the clothes.

Our Persian was divine, but they're high maintenance in that you must brush, tend to their fur all the time, otherwise they get matted and fur balls. All that said, they are very affectionate and love cuddles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Was the Burmese happy on their own? Most of the research I've done suggests they are happier and less lonely with another cat. I work 3 days a week, so it would be on its own 7-8hrs each time.
    I think it depends on the personality of the cat. No personal experience of owning a burmese cat, but years ago (as when I was a kid) our neighbours had a burmese and it could definitely not be left alone. It was allowed outside and always wandered into our house whenever the neighbours were not home. It was a very social cat.

If we ever get another cat, I will be seriously looking at a Tonkinese. I saw one at the Brisbane Ekka back in August and it was the most placid cat I have ever seen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have Tonkinese all my life (they are a cross between Burmese and Siamese). I am a bit bias in I think they are the best cats ever LOL. They can be a little vocal (Siamese trait), but are still playful and loving. Ours plays fetch with a foil ball. She is getting pretty old now (15yrs) so it starting to slow down. But I have had one that was 18 years old. She is an indoor cat, but does venture out the back, but cant jump the fences anymore, so just roams around outside and soaks up some sun. She has an awesome personality. I will definitely miss her when she goes.

Funny to hear the mixed reviews about Bengals....interesting !

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two Russian Blues and they are gorgeous. One is a bit fussy with cuddles (always on his terms) but always wants to play. The other likes playing but LOVES cuddling more.

I agree with another poster - they are loud! But they are by themselves every day because DH and I both work full time (reason we got two). Not sure I could even own another Russian Blue after these two go - I love them so much they feel irreplaceable! Highly recommend the breed - they also don't shed a lot.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mmmkay For This Useful Post:

ICanDream  (11-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmkay View Post
    I have two Russian Blues and they are gorgeous. One is a bit fussy with cuddles (always on his terms) but always wants to play. The other likes playing but LOVES cuddling more.

I agree with another poster - they are loud! But they are by themselves every day because DH and I both work full time (reason we got two). Not sure I could even own another Russian Blue after these two go - I love them so much they feel irreplaceable! Highly recommend the breed - they also don't shed a lot.
    Lovely to hear. Where did you get them from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovely to hear. Where did you get them from?
    From a breeder I found on Gumtree who was based in Western Sydney. Funnily enough she also bred Bengals at the time. Not sure if she still breeds them though but the cattery was called Kingslee from memory. Her name was Sharon

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cat selection help

I have an Abyssinian, he is ridiculously cuddly which is funny because they are not referred to as lap cats but every one I have met loves to snuggle. He is very VERY energetic and playful, he is basically indoor, we have a courtyard he can't escape from and he settles for that, he isn't allowed to roam because he is a great hunter (caught a bird mid air that was swooping him over and over) He doesn't shed much, he is happy to entertain himself when I am not home, we have another cat that he terrorizes so they don't hang out much. Really loyal breed and can be taught tricks, mine plays fetch. They are often referred to as dog like. Cons are they are mischievous and all up in your business. Pros low maintenance, family friendly, loving and entertaining.IMG_1478780992.831058.jpg

Edit: thought I would add a pic.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tdez For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (10-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Aww gorgeous, Tdez!

I'm enjoying reading all the love people have for their Kitties.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmkay View Post
    From a breeder I found on Gumtree who was based in Western Sydney. Funnily enough she also bred Bengals at the time. Not sure if she still breeds them though but the cattery was called Kingslee from memory. Her name was Sharon
    Thanks.
    Were they male/ female? Which one was more affectionate/cuddly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks.
    Were they male/ female? Which one was more affectionate/cuddly?
    Both boys and from the same litter! I have always found boy cats more affectionate than boys. Not sure why, I think that's just personal experience. IMG_1478807574.578004.jpg

This is my less affectionate one!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mmmkay For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (11-11-2016)