+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Young mum

I'm 19 and have recently ended things with my boyfriend of 2 years. He was older and wanted to settle down and I'm not ready. When we broke up I went through a slutty stage.. I had sex with 5 people within a month and my period is now 2 weeks late!
    I've been on holidays for 2 weeks and was drinking every day and night.

I took a pregnancy test and it game back positive, so I went to my doctor and he sent me for a blood test. I'm now waiting for the results to tell me if I've got a bub growing inside me.

My mind was/is set on aborting this baby if I am pregnant, I have no idea who the father could be, I'm single, young, not financially stable and currently planning on moving away from my family to Darwin.

I guess I'm just here to see if anybody has had a similar experience and if anyone has any advice for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have not been in the situation but just offering some support. If Dr hasn't ordered some std tears I.would be asking for some just to make sure you are safe and free of anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @scaredmumtobe I've not been in your situation either, but I would reach out to your parents if you can. Do you think they will be supportive?
    Would it influence your decision to keep/abort if you knew they were supportive. I think it's good to have a chat. Either way, it's your decision.

You're a good person, even good people are allowed go off the rails when life serves up some curve balls. Your life's not over - just talk to a councillor at the very least to help,support you emotionally. Good on you for reaching out on the forum, that's a good start and better than putting your head in the sand. You've got options - that's the good news. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have not had a situation like yours but wanted to say a few things.

Please do not be so hard on yourself. As to a decision to abortion - it is your decision alone. You can seek counselling to help you if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been a young Mum (fell pregnant with my eldest at 17) and also had an abortion (oddly enough that was later on down the track) so I have kind of been in your situation. I don't regret being young when I had my girls, and also don't regret the abortion. I think you need to make sure you make the decision for you, and don't let other people influence you too much; although it's helpful to gain outsider perspectives.

I never even considered an abortion with my girls, even at 17. I was thrilled from the moment I found out, but it is quite hard to be a single parent, financially obviously, but also just getting on your feet with study and work. I'm nearly 30 now and still have a long way to go as far as study and work are concerned. It's so difficult to balance once you have kids, especially without a partner to help. Also if you are planning to travel/move away that will make it even tougher.

It sounds to me like you have made your decision. If you know what you want in life and make your decision based around that I don't think you'll regret it.

Feel free to message me if you want to discuss it more. X

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update

Hi ladies,
    Thought I would give an update. I received my blood test and I am definitely pregnant - my hormones are through the roof.
    I have made my decision to follow through with the abortion, a baby is just not good for me right now, and I would never be able to give it up for adoption.
    I spoke with my mum (who I am very close to) and she has given me her full support.

I will be booking in for my appointment in the morning and should have it done by next week.

I am starting to feel sick, I'm not sure if that's because I know I'm pregnant or because this is when sickness starts..

I'd just like to thank you ladies for your kind advice and I'll post another update when everything is settled.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scaredmumtobe For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (09-11-2016),Phia  (09-11-2016),twinklify  (09-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the update - all the very best to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So glad to hear you have some support.

All the best xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again ladies!

I had my termination today.. All went smoothly! I also got the IUD contraception put in. So no more scares!
    I just wanted to see if anyone here has had an abortion and has the contraception put in.. did you experience diarreah later? I've got a terribly upset stomach and hoping it is normal.

Thanks again for all the support!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hun don't rely just on the IUD. Use a condom too until you settle down with a partner and both get tested and cleared for STD's. Good luck.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (15-11-2016),wobblermummy  (15-11-2016)