+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been known to eat the pizza topping with a fork then eat the base.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love vegemite sandwiches made with fresh white bread and butter, but that's not the weird part, how I eat it is odd! First I bite off all the crust, then I use my fingers to carefully smoosh the bread together making the vegemite and butter combo ooze out. Then I take off one side of the sandwich and eat that, then take the other side and fold it in half and repeat the smoosh technique, carefully bite along the folded bit, take off one side, eat it, the repeat the whole process until it is too tiny to fold. Takes me ages to eat it but it is soooo good lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    And just so this isn't too OT, I eat toasties the wrong way. I make them, then I eat the top piece of bread folded in half, then the bottom. Sometimes if it's baked beans I eat the top bit, the cheesy beany filling, then the bottom bit.
    On the subject of toasties, Dh makes toasties with butter on the INSIDE, this is weird right? It's supposed to be on the outside?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (20-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Zeddie View Post
    On the subject of toasties, Dh makes toasties with butter on the INSIDE, this is weird right? It's supposed to be on the outside?
    I butter both sides! The inside of the sandwich, cause, you know, it's a sandwich, it has butter inside. As well as putting butter on the outside of the bread so that it doesn't stick and so that the butter fries the outside edges of the bread.

On the topic of buttering the outside of the bread, I've seen some people do it in weird ways, like they butter the outside of the bread, then put the buttered side of the bread down on the chopping board, craziness! Or pick sandwich up in the air and try to butter it with one hand holding it up, bending down to see if they've got it all the way to the edges, stupid!

Here's my method... assemble sandwich. Spread the top with butter. Then pick sandwich up, flip it over as you place in sandwich press so the side you just buttered is now down. Then butter the top layer of bread just before you close the lid. Easy peasy! And you know that you have covered all the way to the edges!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

Mod-Zeddie  (20-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What do you eat the 'wrong way'?

Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Zeddie View Post

My post said it didn't post! That'll teach me for trying to post something that's off topic!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I microwave my smarties because i love having melted gooey chocolate inside the crispy shell. Mmmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    I butter both sides! The inside of the sandwich, cause, you know, it's a sandwich, it has butter inside. As well as putting butter on the outside of the bread so that it doesn't stick and so that the butter fries the outside edges of the bread.

On the topic of buttering the outside of the bread, I've seen some people do it in weird ways, like they butter the outside of the bread, then put the buttered side of the bread down on the chopping board, craziness! Or pick sandwich up in the air and try to butter it with one hand holding it up, bending down to see if they've got it all the way to the edges, stupid!

Here's my method... assemble sandwich. Spread the top with butter. Then pick sandwich up, flip it over as you place in sandwich press so the side you just buttered is now down. Then butter the top layer of bread just before you close the lid. Easy peasy! And you know that you have covered all the way to the edges!
    I butter one slice and place it butter side up in the board. Butter second slice and place it butter side down in top of the other buttered slice. Assemble sandwich. Pick up one slice (with butter on bottom toppings in top) place in jaffle iron. Then out other piece on top buttered side up.

If there's wet/saucy and ingredients then I assemble in the jaffle iron

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (20-11-2016),SuperGranny  (24-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely no butter on the inside of a toastie...outside only. You don't double butter a sandwich...the butter goes on the inside so you don't get messy buttery fingers, the outside on a toastie so they don't stick.
    My DH makes his toasties with no butter (they don't stick).

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (20-11-2016),Mod-Zeddie  (20-11-2016)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I butter both sides of a toastie. Yum! I make them in a fry pan too, I hate cleaning jaffle makers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was eating my breakfast this morning, and I realised that the way I eat my poached eggs is probably really weird!

I take half an avocado, put it in a breakfast bowl, poach two eggs, put them on top of the avocado, add salt and pepper and eat it all with a dessert spoon!

I do it this way because I don't have any toast with it. I used to put the avocado and the eggs on a plate, but with no toast to soak up the yummy gooey egg yolk goodness, I couldn't enjoy the best bit! Eating it this way with a spoon ensures I get all the yolk!