+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What airline are you flying? Qantas has strollers you can borrow and use between security and the gate and vice versa. Just let the flight staff know you will need help and all will be fine.

I've flown several times with multiple small children +/- pregnant belly with no issues. I've also carried my 3yo on my back in the ergo whilst 7mths pregnant with dd3.

Good luck.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Besides everything mentioned I always take a packet of blutack. They can play with and it's doesn't leave a mark. But it's also great for sticking their cup/plate down and for setting up toys to play with. I used to pull the window shade down and DS2 loved pulling off bits of blu tack and sticking it to the shade.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (03-11-2016),Tiny Dancer  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @smallpotatoes, I meant at the end for baggage collection. My BIL has said he will be there on time to help... but they've missed their own flights twice previously and almost missed their flight home from my place last time (I was getting anxious as they packed up their stuff about 75 minutes before their flight). They are notoriously bad at getting places on time. I'll get DS to pick some ribbon to put on the bag, so that way he can help look out for it. I usually take 3 small toys, and 3 books, as well as a few snacks. The magna doodle is a fantastic idea.
    @monnie24 - I've given up on the pram. He screams and fusses and gets himself out as soon as I've stopped. He really struggles with staying still. I usually wait 25 minutes into a flight, then walk up and down the aisle with him for 15 to 20 minutes. People would rather we do this than listen to him screaming or crying, I find. Treats are always great! Will bear that in mind for when I am starting to feel frazzled.
    @Rose&Aurelia&Hannah, we're flying Qantas (always Qantas, Virgin only has one flight out of here a day). I've done heaps of flights with him by myself before, but guess I'm just worried because of the close calls with passing out, and also because last time he didn't nap while travelling he threw some epic tantrums and it was hard enough to stop him from injuring himself or others when I could move easily! I don't have a carrier that I can put DS into this time around. I need to buy a new one.
    @binnielici, blutak is the best idea ever!

Also glad to hear that the staff will be helpful, and hopefully some kind strangers will be around.

Thanks to all the lovely ladies who have replied, I'm feeling greatly reassured!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hopefully someone helps usually some stranger will ds never behaves flying we have resorted to medicating for flights now. (that sounds awful I know!) but I had this lovely lady carry my Dd and bags.

Do u know why your fainting? Can u get someone to fly with u

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Flying with a toddler, while pregnant

https://goo.gl/images/bq5Hix
    Try one of these? Hope the link works. It's called ride in carry on, like a little deck chair straps on to your carry on suitcase to constrain a toddler.
    We took DD to Bali when I was 23 weeks, I could still carry her on my back in my toddler size carrier, just wore the waist strap under my bump. Was a lifesaver in immigration queues, I just kept feeding her snacks over my shoulder & she waved at all the Chinese tourists who adored her.
    ETA she was almost 2 at the time.
    Last edited by rosey82; 03-11-2016 at 20:27.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    How old is ds?

I was preggers and had a 3 & 1.5year old and flew a few times. First one was the worst, you just gotta ride with it.

Try and sort out the fainting business - if there's anything that you can take / eat that will make u feel better.

My ds2 wasn't great in planes. Brauer's calm (or trava calm) helped unbelievably well. You can get it at health food stores. It was my life saver.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Hopefully someone helps usually some stranger will ds never behaves flying we have resorted to medicating for flights now. (that sounds awful I know!) but I had this lovely lady carry my Dd and bags.

Do u know why your fainting? Can u get someone to fly with u
    Flying can be scary I guess. I'm lucky that DS just thinks it's super exciting! Medicating is kinder than letting him suffer needlessly.

Fainting is either low BP (has been especially low for me last 3 times it was checked) or blood sugar (I just haven't been getting hungry and forget to eat), or not getting enough oxygen. It's happened while I've been holding DS, and since I hold him above my bump, my poor lungs have to work even harder. Will try to get him to walk most of the time, and only carry him when necessary. Can't get anyone to fly with me this time. DH can't take the time off work, he's coming down a week after DS and I. We've got no one else up here.

I'll just have to be brave/suck it up and ask for help from staff and/or strangers as required.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @misho, he's almost 2. He loves planes. It's just that he doesn't like to stay still, is easily distracted by the environment, and is downright difficult to manage if he doesn't nap. And he won't nap - there are planes about! The fainting business is concerning. So far I've had either DH or SIL with me to hand DS to when I start feeling it, which means I can take preventative action!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

misho  (06-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just flew from the UK to Australia with my 2 year old DS and was 27 weeks pregnant at the time. For keeping him occupied we has an iPad loaded with son kids programs and his own kids headphones, small jigsaw puzzle, matchbox cars as well as a themed sticker book and stickers, colouring book and crayons.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a tiny magnadoodle that I got from Kmart for $2

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (04-11-2016)