+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Snail mail is slower than ever - has anyone noticed?

Does anyone else seem to be getting their mail in the post quite late?

My MIL sent me a birthday card with a small present inside and it arrived 18 days after she posted it (we live in the same state).

Also I had a replacement credit card arrive just the day before it expired (the bank's letter was dated 23 days prior to me receiving it). I am quite sure my bank would not be to blame for the delay.

I know that you are supposed to pay extra postage if you want a faster service, but I'm really surprised how delayed some of this regular mail is becoming.

Luckily I have most of my bills emailed to me so there's no delay, but if you're a person who receives bills in the mail it might be time to think about changing to email!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (03-11-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Yep, for sure. I posted my cousins birthday present a week before her birthday. It arrived a week after her birthday. It was in a prepaid satchel so really shouldn't have taken so long. According to the AusPost website it should have taken 3 days. Ridiculous. I felt so bad for my cousin on her birthday when she hadn't received our present given I'd posted it with plenty of time.

ETA posted interstate from QLD to SA

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep. Auspost had advised that post takes longer now in general. I find parcels take at least a week longer now. My expectations are low now so I don't rage about it anymore (I used to lol)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    *sigh*

I guess we'll all have to be more organised this Xmas and send our presents well and truly in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    even with those priority stamps a simple letter takes a few days!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    *sigh*

I guess we'll all have to be more organised this Xmas and send our presents well and truly in advance!
    I do think similarly to previous years they will be working Saturdays and overtime to try and get stuff delivered but my guess would be that earlier rather than later would be better.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yep. I live 60 mins from QLD /NSW border . To send a letter to Brisbane it first goes to Taree to be processed then to Brisbane so it goes south first to go north .. it's so stupid

13. The Following User Says Thank You to granny1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Parcels I find sit on "shipping information received" then "shipping information approved" for a few days now before they start moving. And twice now it's scanned the wrong address and sent back to where it got sent from before making its way back (eg wa-nsw-wA-nsw) I was expecting general mail to slow down but they could kill the future of their business by making parcels too damn slow. People will opt for couriers instead. And it's not like they are any cheaper, just more convenient.

And I got my electricity bill ($550) and it was due in a week!

Ps:and express post always used to be next day- but now we always get it in 2 days instead.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 03-11-2016 at 11:41.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Parcels I find sit on "shipping information received" then "shipping information approved" for a few days now before they start moving. And twice now it's scanned the wrong address and sent back to where it got sent from before making its way back (eg wa-nsw-wA-nsw) I was expecting general mail to slow down but they could kill the future of their business by making parcels too damn slow. People will opt for couriers instead. And it's not like they are any cheaper, just more convenient.

And I got my electricity bill ($550) and it was due in a week!

Ps:and express post always used to be next day- but now we always get it in 2 days instead.
    I had a parcel go from the main Brisbane sorting centre and was sent to some random suburb on the other side of Brisbane. Was returned to the sorting centre. Then another 2 days was finally sent to the local post office. The other suburb was nothing like the name of my suburb.

I will add that the posties on bikes now deliver some smaller packages. And they tend to be lazy and not bother knocking at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There was an announcement about this from Australia Post a while back. They said either service had to go down or prices had to drastically increase and they chose the reduced service option.

I've been surprised by just how much service decreased though. All our bills arrive late, or almost late now. It's like they're deliberately going slow it's that bad (redirecting mail through odd locations).