+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you, everyone

Your stories have given me some hope.

The last cycle I did 2+ years ago we were given the option to cancel for low response - and we got our DS out of that... so of course you're right that it's quality over quantity.

Another scan tomorrow to see how things are progressing...

I'm not sure whether they are 'good' follicles or not. My FS didn't seem very excited... so who knows...

Given our experience last time (and not knowing whether I'll ever do any better), we might press on ahead if our FS tells us there's a reasonable chance of getting some eggs... but if I'm down to 2 follicles or so... I don't know...

I wonder what my FS could change in the hope of a better response?

Maybe we should have started again earlier... but I just wasn't ready yet.

Thanks for the honorary invite to the Over 40s IVF thread, @Blossom74!
    I've looked in on that thread from time to time - it moves so fast! Might pop in there later I'm sure lots of other people in that thread are facing the same problems as me... except I've been lucky enough to have one already. I completely know what you mean, @MysticFalls about not feeling like you can complain very much if you have one already - but when we got the not so good update from our FS, and it had time to sink in, my heart hurt at the idea that it might not work for us this time... I do know we've been really lucky with our DS though.

Good luck to those that are pregnant (or PUPO!) at the moment!
    @Flower78, I've been watching your thread. Funny that we're both trying at the same time again! Although you're much further along than me of course - and may be UTD right now! Fingers crossed for you!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (04-11-2016),Flower78  (04-11-2016),kdsd  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only had 4 follicles and was disappointed. 3 fertilised. 2 transferred. 1 didn't progress and 1 split. I have identical twins! I was 39. First ever cycle too. Low numbers aren't always bad!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (04-11-2016),MysticFalls  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd suggest trying human growth hormone if you can afford it (it's $$$) but for us our embryo quality improved hugely using it whilst stimming. We also did a long down Reg protocol with estrogen priming and we had good results. But each person responds differently to different protocols/drugs. Just try a few different things and see what's the best fit. Though fingers xxed you won't need another cycle

6. The Following User Says Thank You to me+he&she=three For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    never heard of using human growth hormone. How does one access this and how should you use it? before a cycle or during?

Im trying q10 and blackmores conceive well gold. Thus far.

I also hope that you have a golden egg inside those small number of follicles. I do know of someone who had low AMH, one egg, which was fragmented and she insisted on having it put back. She would now be with her child. She was a baby at the time but i would say around 3 or 4 yrs old now. Anything is possible.

Got to be in it to win it i guess they say. I also know of someone with 2 follicles but got 4 eggs with low AMH. So give it a go, I am. We can do it low AMH ivf warriors.

Mysticfalls.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MysticFalls For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (05-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a poor responder as well. First cycle got 5 eggs, 3 made it to day 5. I was transferred, other 2 frozen. Fell pregnant but lost it pretty early. Decided to try more rounds and keep the frozen embies. Had 3 disastrous rounds with only 1 or 2 eggs that only made it to day 3. After the last failed round we decided to transfer a frozen embie from the first round, I'm nearly 17 weeks pregnant. My advice would be to absolutely press ahead. The numbers mean nothing, it's the quality that matters. 4 eggs is great, you only need one. You will get there, just keep going. That's what I kept telling myself, I will keep going until it works, and it did. Good luck.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsy37 For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, everyone.

Well... cancelled cycle for me this time

Will be seeing my FS again next week to make a plan going forward.

My FS did mention human growth hormone early on, but didn't seem to think it would assist me much. Might ask about it again at the next appointment.

Glad to hear quite a few good outcomes with low response!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hate IVF. I hope that you get your miracle soon x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ManchesterLass For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (05-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear it. I hope your FS has some new ideas. A friend of mine used growth hormone after six failed transfers and got pregnant. I don't think it increased follicle number, but improved quality.
    Keep us updated xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (05-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a low responder either. In my 1st IVF cycle in May2013, I only got 2 eggs so my cycle was cancelled by my doctor, and I started again in July2013 with higher dose of Gonal, I got 6 eggs but only 3 were fertilized. In Day3 I only had last one embryo to transfer, nothing to freeze. But for that one miracle embryo I got my sweet daughter, who is 2.5 yrs old now. so never give up, everything can happen.

I just started my 3rd round of IVF OCT2016, I got 4 eggs this time and 3 were fertilized, but still the same situation, only had one embryo survive on day4 so I got that one transferred on day4. The blood test showed that I'm pregnant with a very low HCG which is 97 on day12. Now the HCG has dropped to near 0 so actually this round has failed. Considering to try again next Feb.

I'm 32. Fingers crossed, hope luck will come next time for us

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JocelynQL For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (06-11-2016)