ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I would have written a note on the windscreen ("what are you thinking!!!!"), re-parked my car further away (but where I could see the kids still) then driven off once the parent arrived. Anymore than 10 minutes waiting in the secondary location I would have reported the vehicle to the cops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys! My DH is always saying I'm a worry wart and over think things so I was just curious to know what others would do. I was ducking in to get a bottle of water so I took the rego and was going to let an employee know but when I finished paying I saw the car leave. I haven't ever done it personally and while I understand she probably thought to leave the car on because it's hot (QLD) I kept thinking that anyone could just get in the car and drive off?! I checked the capsule to see if a baby was in there and it definitely was

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would have waited till the mum came back to make sure they were ok...probably 10 mins before reporting it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would presume that the mum has left the older child with an asleep baby & told the older child to lock the car doors, & trusts her to do that job ok. I think 7yo is too young to do so... BUT I have a friend who's 11yo is tiny. She almost wears the same size clothes as my 5yo. She looks like a grade 1 kid. So I would hope the older child is older than 7... I do think an 11yo is usually perfectly capable of sitting in a locked car with an asleep baby for 5 mins.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

amyd  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    I would presume that the mum has left the older child with an asleep baby & told the older child to lock the car doors, & trusts her to do that job ok. I think 7yo is too young to do so... BUT I have a friend who's 11yo is tiny. She almost wears the same size clothes as my 5yo. She looks like a grade 1 kid. So I would hope the older child is older than 7... I do think an 11yo is usually perfectly capable of sitting in a locked car with an asleep baby for 5 mins.
    I was going to say something similar. I leave my 10 year old in the car with my 1 year old. Albeit the 10 year old looks about 14! But just the same a friend's 15 year old (who babysits her younger siblings all the time) looks about 8.

Who knows how old the child who looks 7 really is.

As for what I would have done - just kept an eye out until an adult returned.