ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We also use Purity to wash cloths for whole family. For couple of years, we try our best to wear cotton or polyester cotton and all our bed sheets etc., are cotton.
    As for moisturizing, when skin was really bad, we used Epaderm ointment 3 in 1. It really worked for mine. Our dermatologist suggested to use Dermeze first, but it did not work. So he asked to use Epaderm which clear his skin. Then we moved to Dermeze and now use QV.

Mine react badly to oat milk, any product which contain milk or nuts. First thing our dermatologist did was to check whether mine has any allergies, he did blood test and refer us to allergist. Mine is unfortunately allergic to lot of healthy natural food and products that contain them. So only unnatural chemicals work for us.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hksl For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DH and DD have quite sensitive skin and dd gets a bit of eczema in the crease of her arms so anything too perfumy or laden with chemicals really irritates her.

I use Purity in the big 3 litre bottle and always have for the whole family and find it doesn't irritate their skin.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Eczema mums / what clothes detergent do you use?

@gingermillie thanks for the link. I asked the GP about allergy testing and a referral but he seemed to think DS3 was to young for allergy testing? Hmm I think I need to do some research.
    @BornToBe yes definitely only tepid water. I suffer with psoriasis myself so really thought I had enough knowledge to get in top of this! I found out about Eczema Shield 2 days ago! So I've only had it twice but hopefully it will kick in and help. If I had known I would have been taking it in pregnancy sigh. I'm really hoping it helps him!

I bought some Purity today (was in sale for $10.99 at Woolworths @babybeeno1). Omo sensitive caused a reaction @Lilac such a battle of trial and error and in the meantime DS3 suffers.

I did read today that adding an additional rinse cycle to the washing helps to remove any residual. So I've done that as of this morning.

We only have him in cotton and only use cotton or bamboo sheets. I know wool can be an irritant so that will be interesting next winter if he doesn't grow out of this!!
    @Redcorset I know exactly what that awful pinetarsol smells like sigh - many memories of it from my childhood.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Redcorset  (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use OMO sensitive that seems to work well with my son's eczema.
    I agree with seeing a paediatric dermatologist who may be able to test if there is any allergies rather than assuming it's diet.
    Unfortunately for us the only thing that works is steroid creams and lots of moisturising. But even then it's an ongoing battle depending on whether it's too hot, too dry, wet hands etc etc

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (01-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've sent dp down to Woollies to stock on purity for us now. Thanks for the tip that it's on sale

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (01-11-2016)