+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help! Opks not working?

So I already have 5 kids and have been through the TTC journey 5 times. I thought it would be simple this time.
    But, although my cycle is like clockwork (28 days), things are not going smoothly. This is only my 3rd cycle TTC; but I decided this month to chart and use opks, just to make sure I am catching O.
    But my temps are all over the place and my opks are barely even a faint line, despite having used them every day, 2 - 3 times a day. I am currently at CD20. And AF is due in just 8 days. And the extremely faint lines on the opks have disappeares altogether. (OPKs have worked for me in the past with no issues).
    My temps don't show any clear shift either - although my themometer may be in need of replacing.

If I do O between now and when my period is due, that would be an extremely short luteal phase.

Should I be worried that I am not ovulating? I am 35years old now, so I don't know if that is contributing.
    It just seems odd I would have regular 28 day cycles and not O.

I really don't want to go to a GP unless I am sure there is an issue, as I don't want to deal with the attitudes that are so common when people (including medical professionals) have when they find out the number of kids I have already.

Sorry, I am not even sure what I am asking. Anyone have any insights as to what may be happening and why the opks may not be working?

ETA - they are cheapies off ebay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Rugrat!

I can only help with one part of your post - so hopefully someone can help with another point.
    I bought opk's offline, and according to them, I never o. I can feel it when I o, but the cheapies would never give me a result. I bought a pack of first response opk's and they worked.

I know they can be expensive, but maybe buy a box from chemist warehouse, and use them to see if you're getting a result.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for replying!
    I think I will try your suggestion for next cycle. I hope that faulty opks are the issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaria086 View Post
    Hi @Rugrat!

I can only help with one part of your post - so hopefully someone can help with another point.
    I bought opk's offline, and according to them, I never o. I can feel it when I o, but the cheapies would never give me a result. I bought a pack of first response opk's and they worked.

I know they can be expensive, but maybe buy a box from chemist warehouse, and use them to see if you're getting a result.

Good luck!
    I agree - if I went off Internet cheapies I would never have ovulated and im 18 weeks pregnant. With my second baby I used IC and they were great but that company stopped doing them and I tried multiple brands this time and never got a positive...

My advice would be to invest in a more expensive brand for a couple of months just to see where your cycle is and you will probably see other signs around the day of O to help you. I got really funny ovary cramps day before and day of O also I found a bit of a pattern with my CM....

Also I stopped temping as I was getting weird results as well... I get hay fever in winter and slept with my mouth open allot.. Also some mornings were hot and some were cold and if I had kicked the blanket my temp would be right down... Also if you are a restless sleeper and roll heaps - I have heard effects your temps but I may be wrong...